Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

AlcoholicA wrote:
    Best Game Ever!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

There's no doubt that FFVII is the best game I own or ever will own. Nothing even comes close to its brilliance. Okay, Zelda: TOOT was certainly excellent, too, but FFVII had it all. Sure, the graphics weren't that good, but I literally know the game like the back of my hand I've played it so much. If you don't have this game, then do yourself a favour and BUY IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

aw man, remember when the sister ray fires on the north crater, and the power it drained from all midgar, and the hefty recoil which wrecks the place!!
    Best fmv ever....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I love Aeris!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    I love Aeris!

seriously though was anyone else truly shocked when she died? I could not speak the first time i saw it happen.
    And for months and months there was rumours of how to bring her back and how i looked for that cheat but never found it.
    In a way i am glad though that they did not put in a way to bring her back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

yeah it was such a shock to have a main character die on ya! specially when i worked so hard to level her up! all that wasted tme :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

This post just caught my eye on the main page...just have to say that it was an amazing game.

Aeris dying was a touch of genius. The newer ones haven't been as good.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Remember the twist about Cloud at the end of the first disk :eek: I dare not mention it in case somebody in here hasn't played the game before.

Managed to d/l it. Starting it again :) . Just blew up the 2nd reactor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea I got my ps1 out and am playing away, just about to go to the gold saucer for the first time, just lvl'ing up in the world map here beside me.

Im very attacthed to it atm :D tis great.

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Cross platform game. move thread. crap forum.

• Advertisement

The Race is on. See who can finish it first :D

nah i dont like to rush it. i go about slowly searching for all the secrets and stuff.

Balfa wrote:
    Cross platform game. move thread. crap forum.

Forgive my ignorance but what does this mean?
    Slurms wrote:
    nah i dont like to rush it. i go about slowly searching for all the secrets and stuff.

Me too! It is always good to get the official guide on the second or third time playing so that you can see everything in the game!

nevernev wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance but what does this mean?
    Final Fantasy VII is available on more than just the playstation. It highlights a severe flaw in the concept of having a different forum on boards.ie for each console, because people who've played a game on a particular console are likely to post a thread about it in that console's forum, and players of the same game on a different format are going to end up missing out on a lot of the discussion over that game unless they go out of their way to trawl through all the forums for consoles they don't have. Very unfortunate situation, and I wish the admins would return it to the way it was, or at least divide it up some way other than by console. :(

edit: Oh, and it's also a request for the forum moderators to move the thread to the main games forum, so that players of the games on other systems can have a chance to sit in on the discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sure, the only other platform it was available on was the PC and nobody really played it in that. Playstation forum does seem the most logical place for it...

I know not many people did, but I did. Okay, where do you draw your magic line? Does a game have to have over 10% of the sales on the minority platform compared to a playstation for people to post it in games instead of playstation? 30%? 100%? It doesn't make any sense. You can't just grey the situation by saying "well, not many people played it on other formats". If it's a multiformat game, it shouldn't be in this forum.

I think even if it's a playstation exclusive game in a multiformat series it shouldn't be in here. It's all about who needs to see and participate in the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yep, over 10% sounds good :)

SofaKing wrote:
    Yep, over 10% sounds good :)

schmack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

It's happened again, remember that bit when you get lost in the snowstorm and it keeps pushing you in different directions.

Too much in that game for one brain.......

Do you not get to put down red-poles or something so you know which way you're going?? Personally, I'm going to that market place atm to dress up like a lady :)

• Advertisement

popinfresh wrote:
    Personally, I'm going to that market place atm to dress up like a lady :)
    Can we stay on topic here? I dont really care for your preferences :p

popinfresh wrote:
    Personally, I'm going to that market place atm to dress up like a lady :)

That whole scene was a little wierd. At the whore house where you can peek in the key holes and hear all kinds of messed up conversations.

The bathing scene with all the guys.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭lateasever

balfa shut the f**k up

just started the 2nd disc at the mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

lateasever wrote:
    balfa shut the f**k up

Balfa should indeed shut up about the structure of the Games catagory. Feedback is the place for that, but you are breaking rules on personal attacks.

This thread will not be moved, back on-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

This thread will not be moved, back on-topic.

right then, last comment was about starting the second disc...

always my favourite part of the game that was, where was it that the first ended again...

sephiroth got the black materia and you find out all about him and cloud. (dont wanna give any spoilers away)

Slurms wrote:
    sephiroth got the black materia and you find out all about him and cloud. (dont wanna give any spoilers away)

oh yes that, that was an excellent part of the game

aye
    it was also a bit confusing when i first played it back in 97 when i was 10!

• Advertisement

i was probably of a similar age when i started the game, must admit most of its best moments were wasted on me and a second play of it was much more fulfilling

Advertisement