Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about credit rating

Options
  • 18-03-2005 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

How do I find out what my credit rating is? Also, does being refused a loan affect your credit rating?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

kazzer wrote:
    How do I find out what my credit rating is?
    See information from the Data Protection Commissioner and OASIS. More results from Google.
    Also, does being refused a loan affect your credit rating?
    Apparently one of the criteria that institutions use to determine suitability is the number of searches performed on your record and by whom, so if that's true, then the answer would be yes. (Because searches will be performed by the institution(s) that refused the loan.)

About time I checked mine again, thanks for the reminder!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Just follow the link that follows and follow their instructions to get your credit reference :-

http://www.ifha.ie/index_files/page0005.htm

As regards your second question, the fact that you make a loan application doesn't affect the materiality of your credit reference. However every time a financial institution makes a call for a reference, that call is recorded and some institutions when they see that you've had a number of reference requests recently for example, they may take this as meaning that you've tried a number of different places for credit and have been refused. This may be a factor in the decision that the next institution makes.

Advertisement