Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh No Its the Mersey Derby Game Thread!

• 18-03-2005 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Another match, another game Pool must win. After a piss poor outing against Blackburn, Everton will no doubt be looking to limit Pool in the same way - flood midfield and sit tight.

This game really is a must win anything less and its UEFA Cup and that means a harder job signing top players (though Mathew Upson is in the bag apparently!).

Heres my guess for the starting line up

==========Dudek===========
    Finnan==Hyypia==Carra==Warnock
    Luis Garcia==Hamman=Biscan=Riise
    ==========Gerrard===========
    ========Baros==============

Liverpool to blow it with 0-0 draw*. :(

Mike.

*yes its the old reverse prediction psychology thing to guarantee a win!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:

*yes its the old reverse prediction psychology thing to guarantee a win!

using the same system I will go for a liverpool win 2 1 . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Its a big six pointer for us alright. The Blackburn game didn't inspire confidence either. Hopefully your right with the team selection. I predict a Liverpool win 1-0 and then a loss to palace. :rolleyes: Hopefully they'll get their act together and steal a 4th spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Everton to win, or draw.
    I think a draw would be a decent result for Liverpool the form they have shown throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

==========Dudek===========
    Finnan==Hyypia==Carra==Warnock
    Luis Garcia==Hamman=Biscan=Riise
    ==========Gerrard===========
    ========Morientes===========

I don't think he will start Baros up front on his own. I would prefer him over Morientes as the single striker however, just think he cause far more problems from the opposition.. I think Biscan not playing in the B'burn match from the start was our problem*.

*Never ever thought I would actuallys say that...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i think we would of won if risse had of started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Sometimes I can't understand Benitez's tactics and he tinkers with the team more times than Raneri would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Im going for either a good Liverpool win, or 1-1. Liverpool are blowing hot and cold so often this season, its hard tp predict anything with them. Unfortunatley, I reckon of the above it will be the latter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think/hope Liverpool will win this easily,3:1 I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

0-0, or possibly stolen by either team with a goal toward the end. One thing is certain; it's going to be terrible to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

everton 10-3 to win, they are worth a flutter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Ive been avoiding this thread because to be honest Im a bit worried.

If Liverpool turn up today and play, they will win comfortably. Unfortunately thats a big if.

Im not expecting a classic, but Ill stick my neck out and go for a Liverpool win, with SG to play a stormer, prompting the some of the annoying Liverpool faithful to adore him again and hail him as the leagues best.

*Im so unsure I think I might head down to PP and back SG to get sent off to hedge my bets!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I think/hope if their is an early goal this could be a cracker.If not it will be a boar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

150/1 for carragher to score and pool to win 1-0 i think.

anyway, i think it should be a 4-4-2. we need the win. get rid of biscuits and stick morientes up front.

make or break for us this season, so is the next match against bolton. If we lose or draw this, and do the same against bolton we will be scrapping to stay 5th!! depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

i hope liverpool win but i have a bad feeling steven gerrard will disappear as in all relativley big games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i hope liverpool win but i have a bad feeling steven gerrard will disappear as in all relativley big games

he never been accursed of disapearing in big games(olmpiakos). He has been accused of disappearing in the games against quality oppistion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

i really hate the merseyside derby, too much at stake at the best of times (from pride point of view), now it's ridiculous...

Yobo in for arteta, a bit negative from moyes IMO.

As a bitterly pessimistic evertonian, i'll predict 2-1 to liverpool, and pray to God i'm wrong

Come on you blues!!

If it's a draw, Bolton could well snatch 4th place, what a disaster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No idea how it's going to go to be honest. I'd prefer if the Reds were playing just one up front because Baros and Morientes haven't clicked yet. That said I fancy Garcia to score first.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Liverpool have started very brightly. Plenty of the ball in Everton's box and already 2 corners. More excitement in the first 5 mins that what was in the whole 90 on wednesday night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright opening by Pool.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Goallllllllllllllllllllllll to liverpool. Free Kick from just outside the box from Gerrard

Gerrard is God, Gerrard is God, Gerrard is God!!!! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yes! 1-0 Gerrard from a well worked freekick. The Reds deserve their lead.

mike65 wrote:
    Gerrard is God, Gerrard is God, Gerrard is God!!!! ;)

Mike.

He still wont be with liverpool next season though.

2-0 garcia

Holy ****! what an shot

Everton dont look like doing anything at the moment. Liverpool have been forced to use their 3 subs in the first half which is a bit worrying for them for the second half. I have just noticed that Garcia is now down injured also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

super stuff, great team performance even nunez looks like he gives a f*&k, everton are kicking **** out of us, typical blueside scum, now hamann gone off aswell injured this is ridiculous come on the pool YNWA

enter zinadine biscan

• Advertisement

nando off aswell, smicer in

Liverpool would walk the Injurey Premiership...:( Hopefully none are too bad.

My Gerrard is God quip was of course ironic.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have everton had a shot?
    Has a pool player not got treatment yet?

kdjac

Ah now, Everton havn't done anythign that has caused an injury yet, it just looks like somethings goign on with Liverpools ligaments and muscles :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

impr0v wrote:
    0-0, or possibly stolen by either team with a goal toward the end. One thing is certain; it's going to be terrible to watch.

I'd like to retract this statement please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Where was this intensity when they played Blackburn?
    11 shots in the first half, compared to 1 in the Blackburn game.
    Luis Garcia, poor bastard, every single time he gets called up to Spanish squad he gets injured and now it looks like he has injured himself again.
    3 injuries and 3 substitutions so far, that's not good and if Garcia is injured they may have to play the second half with 10 men.
    Liverpool are looking pretty good for the lead though. It seems they've turned up to play this afternoon. Cant see Everton coming back either, they'll have to make changes at half time.
    Cracking shot by Morientes, what was Martyn up to though.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:

My Gerrard is God quip was of course ironic.

Mike.

I sort of gathered that Mike.

Good half by liverpool though. Everton are brutal mind you. They have no choice now but to come out for the second half and go for it straight away. They need to bring on Beattie and the fact the liverpool have used their 3 subs, dont be surprised if you see the everton players going in hard with their challanges.

everton are kicking **** out of us, typical blueside scum, now hamann gone off aswell injured this is ridiculous come on the pool YNWA

but all four injuries have been self-inflicted....

none of the three yellows the blues have picked up have been as bad as the tackle on kilbane at the start, or even on carsley at the end. they were fairly light, except for maybe for yobo's pulling...

get yobo off, get beattie on...

half time, all subs used, we'll be lucky to finish with 10 men, everton would kick their own mothers, disgraceful stuff, already have 3 yellow cards should have 6 or 7, see that the pool wont stoop to their level, david moyes should be ashamed, but then he was a talentless twat from the mick mccarthy school of it it moves or looks like moving kick it. :mad: :mad: :mad: everton :D:D:D liverpool

Liverpool play every 2nd game seemingly , thought Martyn did the right thing and tried to 1st stop the ball it was moving fairly fekkin fast just unlucky it hit the bar and bounced to garica.

Suppose garcia was there to head so deserved it

kdjac

half time, all subs used, we'll be lucky to finish with 10 men, everton would kick their own mothers, disgraceful stuff, already have 3 yellow cards should have 6 or 7, see that the pool wont stoop to their level, david moyes should be ashamed, but then he was a talentless twat from the mick mccarthy school of it it moves or looks like moving kick it. :mad: :mad: :mad: everton :D:D:D liverpool

Umm Gerrard should have been booked for 2 late hard tackles inside 1st 4 minutes oddly hes at home and wasnt booked ......

kdjac

• Advertisement

Someone posted here after the blackburn game that the trend this season was Liverpool would play surberb in one game and dismal in the next. They predicted that after the Blackburn game they would go on and beat Everton. Looking good now. But look whos next for Liverpool. Bolton

coward_derby.jpg

:rolleyes: typical

admittedly gerrard does get away with a bit, but he is rarely if ever malicous, just full of blood and thunder, where as carsley is a thug always was.

admittedly gerrard does get away with a bit, but he is rarely if ever malicous

eh, see above...

Luis Garcia is limping but will play, Beattie coming on...the ref better be very alert to blackguardism by Everton.

Mike.

whose the photoshop expert, shoul get a job with the dream team "meanwhile im just gonna bury my hed in the sand," come on the pool :cool:

Baros, what a waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

OMG Baros what was that??

biscan what a legend, i hope he signs a new contract

Here comes big Duncan

• Advertisement
Advertisement