Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disney tickets in Los Angeles

• 19-03-2005 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭

Going there in summer with family.Rang up Tour America but they had no tickets for Disney in LA. Anyone know would it be cheaper to get tickets over there or in Dublin before we go over?Anyone know of any other places to ring to inquire about prices

Also anyone have any first hand experience of being there.The Do's & Donts of being in Disney and California with a couple of kids. Thinking of booking a hotel inside Disney world itself but prices on there website are mad for hotel for 3/4days+3/4day pass for Disney.Brother in law will be off work for a few days but not for our whole duration which in total will be 3weeks. What it like to drive over there? Brother inlaw drives over there but i think he is a crap driver and he thinks its ok. :D

Going to be staying with brother inlaw for week or so then try and stay in Disney for 3/4nights. Brother inlaw is as good as tits on a bull about organising anything his end.So i want to get it sorted soon.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Going there in summer with family.Rang up Tour America but they had no tickets for Disney in LA.

Why bother booking I've been there a few times and never needed to book unless your going on one of the American holidays there's no need to book
    Anyone know would it be cheaper to get tickets over there or in Dublin before we go over?Anyone know of any other places to ring to inquire about prices

As far as I know price concessions are only available to local residents in Orange county of if you know someone in the military, possibly travel agents may have some deals but the more days your there the cheaper the ticket gets.
    Also anyone have any first hand experience of being there.The Do's & Donts of being in Disney and California with a couple of kids.

Disney is a brillant place for kids and its geared up towards kids aswell as adults but be prepared for long quques and waiting times for rides, there's loads of picnic parks so bring a packed lunch as eating there can be more expensive. Get there early and enjoy the whole day but check park opening times because there shorter in low season, don't worry about the weather too much its California!
    Thinking of booking a hotel inside Disney world itself but prices on there website are mad for hotel for 3/4days+3/4day pass for Disney.

Last time I stayed right opposite the park entrance in a motel and it was very reasonable priced and just 2 minutes from the park and we could got back there to get something to eat when we wanted during the day.

Brother in law will be off work for a few days but not for our whole duration which in total will be 3weeks. What it like to drive over there? Brother inlaw drives over there but i think he is a crap driver and he thinks its ok. :D

Driving in America is easier then overhere everything is signposted and the freeway system is very easy to follow but L.A. can be daunting for a first time driver in America(Don't get into the wrong area's at night)
    Going to be staying with brother inlaw for week or so then try and stay in Disney for 3/4nights. Brother inlaw is as good as tits on a bull about organising anything his end.So i want to get it sorted soon.

California is a great part of the world and you'll really enjoy it use the web for research but don't be afraid to ring up hotels and ask them about there location.

Other places which are a much is Universal studios and San Diego

One other tip, Make sure its Disneyland not Disneyworld(Thats in Florida :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I went a few years ago to LA and went to Disneyland. We got a 5 day flexi pass from a travel agent friend over there. The park opens at 8 or 8.30 every morning. Holders of a flexi pass can enter the park earlier than normal ticket holders on one morning only. You're allowed enter at 7. We got up mega early and had a great time. It wasn't hot out yet and we didn't have to queue up for an hour like normal, in fact most of the rides we got straight on in either one or two goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Don't worry about the driving. Everywhere is signposted and the drivers are all courteous. Just make sure you come off at the right exit because if you miss it the next one may be a good view miles away.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Thanks all for the information especially BingoBongo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

If you're driving, take the I5 heading south and take the exit for Harbor Blvd, just keep drivin straight and Disneyland is on Harbor Blvd

• Advertisement
Advertisement