Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politics forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sorry Ecksor I agree it is not on topic, I was simply trying to set sleepy straight I'll delete my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Iv come to the conclusion that where threads start to become personal (usually involving abuse against people with Republican views or branding everyone with Republican views as murderers and criminals ect.) Im just going to ingore them.
    I will simply inform them on the thread that 'while you continue to behave like a child I am afraid I cannot be arsed discussing this issue with you' or words to that effect.
    The more these people rant the less anyone is going to take them seriously in any case in my opinion.
    So in future Im just going to deprive them of oxygen and discuss the topics with people with people with some level of maturity.
    Might be a suggestion for others who post on the politics forum who also have 'Republican views'. ;)

AmenToThat wrote:
    I will simply inform them on the thread that 'while you continue to behave like a child I am afraid I cannot be arsed discussing this issue with you' or words to that effect.
    I would prefer in the current scheme of things that you didn't do that.
    If people report abuse,it will be dealt with .
    Bonkey summed up his view of the forum very well and its one I agree with.
    bonkey wrote:
    In my term as mod, I wanted to make Politics a forum where people were encouraged to put their views across.

I mean, for gawds sake this is planet earth we are on and we are all humans, people have differing opinions.
    If you put them up in answer to a politics thread, you will get rebuttals.

One thing,I've noticed since I started reading the politics board,if its a stupid point or a stupid argument, the chances are other people will see through it.
    So bear that in mind when reading/posting and you wont go far wrong.

Now speaking of planet Earth, theres work to get back to here, all in favour ?
    Good back to work for a few hours so :D

Earthman wrote:
    I mean, for gawds sake this is planet earth we are on and we are all humans, people have differing opinions.
    If you put them up in answer to a politics thread, you will get rebuttals.

As I said Iv no problem with debating the issues but when it comes to branding everyone who has a particular political viewpoint a murderer or theif I take exception.
    So far I havnt reported any of these comments as to be honest I tend not to treat the internet as a matter of life or death (If youll pardon the expression :D).
    But my main point is I suppose that if someone called me a murderer, fascist, theif or implied as much because of the party I vote for in the 'real world' then they better be prepared to defend their words as I can assure you I would confront them on their comments.
    Yet that is not the way boards.ie works so for me its not very relevent to how I view and or interact with the real world.

However so save further problems and to comply with your wishes I will from now on report anything I consider abusive and not take the course of action I had been considering.

BTW how does one go about making a complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

AmenToThat wrote:
    BTW how does one go about making a complaint?

what kind of complaint? if it's a general what's going on here related to a forum then perhaps feedback (i.e here) if it's a specific thread, PM the mod/s. If it's a specific post then use the report a post function on the left of the text area with a big exclamation (sp) mark.

uberwolf wrote:
    what kind of complaint? if it's a general what's going on here related to a forum then perhaps feedback (i.e here) if it's a specific thread, PM the mod/s. If it's a specific post then use the report a post function on the left of the text area with a big exclamation (sp) mark.

Many thanks.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Threads like this remind me why I think bonkey and gandalf are two legends of moderators.

Boston wrote:
    Threads like this remind me why I think bonkey and gandalf are two legends of moderators.

Hey what about the new kids on the block-me and uber :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Jesus when did bonkey stop being a moderator, this is most disturbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Earthman got there before me, I was away polishing my jackboots of love.

If you have a problem with anothers posts you do it via the "report this thread" link something you did not bother to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

sorry mercury I dont see any noble prizes for poetry on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

cdebru wrote:
    sorry mercury I dont see any noble prizes for poetry on the horizon
    A Nobel prize however ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru