Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jannetty. (possible smackdown spoiler)

• 19-03-2005 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

how impressive was jannetty on raw and especially smackdown. wonder is there any plans to have him stick around for a while. kind of annoying tho how WWE adopted their selective memory loss for the rockers reunion with jr talkin about how hbk and jannetty had'nt missed a beat etc etc and completly neglecting the fact hbk put jannetty thro a glass window. sound. watchin smackdown as im typin this, whats up with cena's new entrance music???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Jannetty's match with Angle was class.A real mat wrestling match which I didn't expect.The crowd weren't hostile towards it which was good since alot of American fans can get impatient when it's not always high flying stuff.
    How great was Jannetty's reversal of Kurt's powerbomb into a Hurricanrana?
    As for Cena's entrance music, I hate it.I think his old music suited him perfectly and I think the WWE may be forced to bring it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I was very very impressed with Jannetty versus angle, really good technical matchup, and that reversal was brilliant, exceptional matchup consiering how the american fans are to impatient for high flying spots

They should keep him around

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Good matchup with some high flying moves and some very well organised turnovers. However throughout the match I couldnt help get the impression that marty was not really into the match, no facial expressions, not selling the moves as he should until the end where he held on tapping for a very long time. Would be interesting if the wwe held onto him for a little and see how he works with a wrestler who wont gaurantee a quality match from the get go.
    Rest of smackdown wasnt all that great, although the crowd gave yet another indicator why eddies upcoming heel turn is probably not a great idea. Which makes me wonder if a heel turn from rey wouldnt be a bad idea. Paul london match was great though, showed how billy kidmans one move talent can be shown up by a cruiserweight who can move like nothing else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭redsupper

Yeah
    CIao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Seems like if he doesnt show up on Raw this week, he probably wont be coming back at all. Good match on Smackdown, he can certainly still do it.

But if does stick around, i would like him to go to Smackdown instead of Raw cause he'd fit in better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I was amazed at how well Jannetty tied it up with Angle. They had a brilliant match and I think Jannetty proved to us all that he's still got it in him... for a little while, at least. If Shawn Michaels went to Smackdown, Jannetty could show up on Smackdown, too. Imagine the two having a feud to re-light the old fire between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Well he was only meant to be back for Smackdown and then he showed up at RAW beforehand so maybe WWE were impressed with what they saw and are thinking of signing him to a longer deal.

I'd like to see him come back in a couple of months and start a feud with Michaels.

I'm hopin he screws Michaels at the PPV but not have it end like that. Have the match go on despite his interference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Deal signed. Interesting to see how this plays out? Heel turn @ mania, Rockers reunion?

here

• Advertisement

Well it seems the WWE aren't so stupid after all.I hope he doesn't become involved in the WWE until after Wrestlemania.Maybe have him chat to Michaels before his match at WM21 or something.I would hate to see any interference in the match between Angle and Michaels.

Well done to Marty though.He has great ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

cool but it could be just a story

anyway the last time he left
    it was because of the wwe not letting him
    do some moves he wanted to do
    thats what i heard anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

It would be good if Michaels and Janetty could tidy up some unfinished business, i.e. officially win the tag titles as the Rockers. Then Janetty could turn on Michaels similar to how Michaels did when he threw Janetty through the window on the Barber Shop. This time they could do it on Jericho's Highlight Reel :)

Is that actually why Marty left in the first place? Anyone know any background on it?

Brow wrote:
    Is that actually why Marty left in the first place? Anyone know any background on it?

I think he had a drugs problem. I've heard it was coke but don't quote me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Jannety was classed as " a party animal" - but he obviously made some damn good impressions on Raw and Smackdown as he has offically signed with WWE

It's great that he signed, he put in some performance. Did you notice how he kept kicking out after a 1 count in the Angle match though? I don't think Kurt was too pleased about that lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Jannety was classed as " a party animal" - but he obviously made some damn good impressions on Raw and Smackdown as he has offically signed with WWE

could you give a link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Jannetty seems to be as good as ever, certainly didn’t look like he's been out of the game for years.
    But as Top dawg said, it was a little stupid that nothing was said about the fact that the Rockers hated each other when they were last in WWF together, but i suppose they can go back to that if they want.Interesting to see if Jannetty is put on SM to do his own thing, or put on Raw where he would surely have to work with Michaels some how. Might put a spanner in the works as far as Garrison Cade planned feud with HBK is concerned.

Just a pity Vince raided the old 80’s cloakroom for his outfit, he looked a bit ridiculous in the sunglasses and tasselled pants. Love the way a lot of the older guys seem to end up wearing the old tank tops to cover the man boobs, pity Flair wouldn’t.

Still, Marty looked a lot better than Jake, Vince must have tempted him with a nice bag of crack.
    Great to see him back though, hope he too is used in a good angle.

Advertisement