Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brain food (hhhmmmmmm brains)

• 19-03-2005 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Hhhmmm not sure if it should go here, ah well.

Can any one recommend anything that can improve concentration and memory? besides the obvious sleep, fresh air, proper food etc. Perhaps some supplement or something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tuna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

red bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You might try starting taking omega-3 oil supplements now, by the time you get to June they should be doing their work. Closer to the exam, you can try drinking green tea with rosemary (stimulates bloodflow to the brain, so good for study session concentration). Also gingko biloba and korean ginseng are good for endurance. There are hundreds of supplements that you can take, most of which will do some good, it's all a matter of cost and effort really. Google it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

iron is good. it helps concentration afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

DAMMIT! No zombies. :(

I think it's extremely cruel to grab people's attention like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Use your brains to save us... Your delicious brains...

Oily fish

Green Leafy veg

Eggs (free range only please, lovely people)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Pet wrote:
    You might try starting taking omega-3 oil supplements now.

that's the way to go, omega 3 is the natural oil from fish which is meant to be very good for your brain
    or
    you could just eat loads of fish

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

But... That would involve eating fish, which is gross. So I think the supplements would be better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

caffeine nicotine both do.
    Google for "nootropics"
    These are drugs that improve memory and cognitive ability.
    I remember one of them caused you to recall everything as sharply as it was a traumatic memory, and one of the side-effects was that it made you more sensitive to physical pain.
    Another one I have actually used quite a bit for prescribed medical usage (for treating something totally different), and was unaware of any increased ability to remember things at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Fishie wrote:
    Eat me, I'm yummy and good for you!

Quick! Someone get a net!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Quick! Someone get a net!
    Hahaha, I managed to completely miss the irony that my username is Fishie and I don't like fish

Advertisement