Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball line-up

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

yes

moving swiftly onwards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/03/1608.cfm

^^we sure about having ian brown for headline now? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

at that's good to hear, at least there will be some proper rock'n'roll if he makes it to tb. i hope he throws a tv out a house 6window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I dont give a fúck what he does as long as he play's some of the stone roses stuff, along with the better tracks off his own albums....... Is it true his backing band are the stoned roses tribute band?

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Well its good news that all the problems happened while they were playing "wanna be adored" - tbh if its Ian Brown playing Ian Brown stuff mostly, i dont wanna see it. If its stone roses, then that'd be a damn good hammered event :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

to be honest i wouldn't be a massive sr fan but they have some crackin' tunes.
    some of ib's recorded songs are good too, but, my impression of him life is a very untalented singer.

(must note i've only seen him live on tv. lol.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭jd

He-
    Hopefully Doherty won't do a Gil Scott Heron on you..
    (it's for me teeth!)
    jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

jd wrote:
    He-
    Hopefully Doherty won't do a Gil Scott Heron on you..
    (it's for me teeth!)
    jd
    A what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭jd

Pet wrote:
    A what now?
    Gil was meant to play the TCD ball in 1990. He got busted in London when he got off his plane with a small tin containing cocaine. He claimed it was powder for his teeth..:)
    jd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭wayfarer

cuckoo wrote:
    The best trinners hit can be got from snorting ground up cobblestones, off the naked body of the scholar of your choice, under the campanile as the bell strikes midnight.

Ah, but granulated cobblestones from the quad is merely a gateway-drug encountered during a students undergraduate studies. Should he opt for futher study as a post grad, greater highs will ensue.

I heard rumours of bacchanalian orgies taking place in the dark recesses of the long room, where the drug of choice is stained vellum, packed into hookahs, or a spliff made from the crisp pages torn from a weighty medieval leather-clad tome on some antediluvian philosophical or anthropological theory. Supposedly, the more the text has been diregarded as quackery, the more powerful the hit.

The tenet of these intellectuals is that there is no greater feeling than the illicit pleasure derived from the meaningless destruction of knowledge and art.

These paradigms of depravity culminate during trinity week where, each night, the old library is witness to the sacrafice of the most obnoxious tourist whose presence graced the trinity campus during the previous day. His impassable form blocking every entrance and his voice overheard relentlessly spouting trinity-related trivia and anecdotes.

They drink his blood from goblets embellished with rubies and saphires, and after, each one of his limbs is taken to a different corner of college where it is cremated to ensure a prosperous tourist season.

Theres something they dont tell you during the guided tour!

• Advertisement

Sounds like good, clean fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

wayfarer wrote:
    Ah, but granulated cobblestones from the quad is merely a gateway-drug encountered during a students undergraduate studies. Should he opt for futher study as a post grad, greater highs will ensue.

I heard rumours of bacchanalian orgies taking place in the dark recesses of the long room, where the drug of choice is stained vellum, packed into hookahs, or a spliff made from the crisp pages torn from a weighty medieval leather-clad tome on some antediluvian philosophical or anthropological theory. Supposedly, the more the text has been diregarded as quackery, the more powerful the hit.

The tenet of these intellectuals is that there is no greater feeling than the illicit pleasure derived from the meaningless destruction of knowledge and art.

These paradigms of depravity culminate during trinity week where, each night, the old library is witness to the sacrafice of the most obnoxious tourist whose presence graced the trinity campus during the previous day. His impassable form blocking every entrance and his voice overheard relentlessly spouting trinity-related trivia and anecdotes.

They drink his blood from goblets embellished with rubies and saphires, and after, each one of his limbs is taken to a different corner of college where it is cremated to ensure a prosperous tourist season.

Theres something they dont tell you during the guided tour!

what a load of bollox just go and get pissed and have a good time

bollox? bah!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Hey wayfarer, you're a pretty wordy kinda guy! :)

Just go and enjoy yourself, should be a laugh ;)

Nah, Id rather mope and bitch. Whip rotton vegtables and eggs at the stage, stuff like that. Thats more my kinda thing!

Whip rotton vegtables and eggs at the stage

Do it, but have the decency to save it all for Babyshambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Pet wrote:

That's assuming they actually show up.

cuckoo wrote:
    That's assuming they actually show up.
    According to their website, theyve cancelled their last two gigs. The reason for one was "due to Peter losing his voice." :rolleyes:

Pet wrote:
    Id almost feel too sorry for them at this stage; poor ole Pete being in the state that he is and all. Saying that though, they do suck quite a lot

"due to Peter losing his voice."

Peter has a "voice"? Wow, where have I been?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

I must now rob a bank to go to this. I must see Lemon Jelly......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Are Director (formerly "Business"), Delorentos, The Fluid Druids or the Urges playing?

Can someone please tell me when the tickets are on sale?

I keep getting different answers from ppl, and I need to know in advance so I can try do a short shift that day if they're going to sell out fast(?)

Chick wrote:
    Can someone please tell me when the tickets are on sale?

I keep getting different answers from ppl, and I need to know in advance so I can try do a short shift that day if they're going to sell out fast(?)

Should be soon enough Chick!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if anyone needs tickets, pm me, i'll sort you out.

I thought they go on sale on Monday?

*is still in a stupid mood*

How come there was no email or anything though?

How is one supposed to know if they're not on campus? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Calm yourself chick.. It's not like they sell out quick

EDIT: seriously

Sorry Apex.... I am a bit crazed amn't I? :/

Deep breaths in order?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carin

I'm going

Advertisement