Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Name **** !

Options
  • 01-06-2001 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

agh agh agh ... situation : I NEED HELP

i have a domain name , and yes i don't want to loose it , it used to be with NSI but i want to change it to Joker simply seeing as they are the cheapest guys in the business .

has anyone gone through the similar ordeal ?

and i cant seem to find the info on www.nsi.com about moving domains from one registrar to another

btw. i have only 13 days left to do it, and NSI have already issued me with a bill for $70 except that there is no way that i am going to use them if i can't help it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

NS obviously doesn't want to lose any more customers....
    Have you checked with Joker? There must be some way of transferring the domain over.

IrishSearch.net

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's down to Joker, not NetSol. You need to initiate the transfer with the gaining registrar, and the request will then be sent off the NetSol. The default action for the losing registrar is to accept the transfer - they have to actively deny it if they don't want to see it go. I had a look around joker.com earlier on to see how it works, but I reckon you'll need to register on their site to be able to transfer to them. They certainly don't make it very clear.

Tradionally, much as I hate to admit it, NetSol have a pretty good record when it comes to transfers. Now register.com, that's another matter - trying to get a domain away from them is almost impossible. Literally.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

merci gents,

.... it has to be done i guess frown.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Actually, I take that back, NetSol have just initiated losing registrar transfer confirmations, in breach of the ICANN regulations. It's not as bad as Register.com's bluff and blunder, but it still adds an extra layer of farting about.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jonathan Stein

As far as I know all registrars have difficulty, or atleast make it difficult to transfer a domain when it is due in less than a month,

why not pay netsol for one year, then transfer.

Jonathan Stein
    http://www.sce.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

just paid them there frown.gif[$35]

but i'll sort out joker soon enough , you have to send some kinda form to them by post aswell so that would have never reached them in time at all at all.

sure i'll be ready for next year i hope .

Advertisement