Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsters in €50 last night.

Options
  • 19-03-2005 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

The boards was well represented in the final of the €50 rebuy in the Fitz last night. Myself, IonaPaul and Pokertroll accounting for 33% of the final table. Mark finished 7th after running into Aces (the guy had the same black aces two hands in a row!). Paul and I made it to the deal stage when 5 were left and he was still there when I left after failing to beat AK with The Hammer!

Juan Pablo and Hyzepher only just missed out on the money, both making the last 18.

My account in full can be found on my blog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭accensi0n

well done.

anyone know if the 50 game will be on next friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Amazing hand from the last 2 tables.

Marie Clifford is put all-in by the 6K blind.
    fold
    Harold calls.
    New Guy calls (first ever game in the fitz)

Flop: A3Q

Harold moves all-in for about 50K
    New guy wonders, checks how much he has - getting 2K change if he calls.
    Thinks about it and calls.

Showdown

Marie flips over QQ
    New Guy 33!!
    Harold AA!!! :eek:

Turn and river don't improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Well done on the result Mike,

I enjoyed the tournament but was disappointed with how I performed on the final table - going a bit mental with A4 (rush of blood) when I was in a relatively comfortable chip position only to be called by AQ. I agree with you about the ante structure - to get past nearly 100 players and be faced with what can only be called a crapshoot was very frustrating - surely the club should do something about it.

Thought you played v well IonaPaul - u got lucky with your shortstack against myself and JP but played your quad fives to perfection against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

MadsL wrote:
    Harold AA!!! :eek:
    Harold *always* has AA, he wouldn't bet with anything less.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Harold *always* has AA, he wouldn't bet with anything less.
    Hence my emphasis on 'new guy'... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great to meet both Pokertroll and Shortstack on the final table and a pretty impressive showing from the boardsters!

I came 2nd in the end - after the deal myself and the big fella were playing for €1650 / €1400 and the €150 / €100 credit in the poker fest. I really wanted to win and thought I would grind him down, he was too passive for heads up play. At half four we were both dog tired and we agreed to go all-in to try to finish it once either one of us had anything to play with. Ten seconds later I look down at 22, all-in I went, he smiled and turned over AA!

What was interesting is that when we made the deal with five players left, he had been the chip leader and also the most eager to make a deal, claiming to be the worst player at the table.

I think I both played well and got extremely lucky on Friday - and the only one I am sure about is the latter! Survived a couple of desperate all-ins when short stacked, including two where I was behind pre-flop. The quad fives really sorted me out nicely for the final table, and much respect to Pokertroll for having the discipline to fold to my re-raise on the river!

I couldn't believe Harold's play at the final table - never played with him before I think. I think he went three or four rounds without seeing a flop when BB and lost more than 2/3 of his final table biggest stack. Maybe he had a run of truly awful cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

ionapaul wrote:
    At half four we were both dog tired and we agreed to go all-in to try to finish it once either one of us had anything to play with.

that's what deals are for surely?

good result either way tho well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Yeah, but I hoped / expected to win the entire final table (of the final five I was the least enthusiastic about the deal) and in particular when it was just the big fella and me left. I didn't really mind ending it on a coin-toss, as I seem to win more of those than I lose. At least that is how my selective memory chooses to see it!

Advertisement