Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Are The Best Up And Coming Band In Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

my two cent ion no particular order...

ch-1
    humanzi
    delerentos
    red organ serpent sound
    dead emperors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Humanzi?

Sorry they just don't float my boat at all. I saw them and thought they were pretty average, all very retro and punk rock but no real songs to latch on to.

But knowing me they'll probably get signed to a major with a mega bucks deal. They do seem to have ticked most of the boxes that an A&R man would be looking for. I just dont think they'll have the staying power to hold people's attention for longer than 15 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭molateen

I really like soviet filter at the moment . Also Mike got spiked . Fantastic live . Ross breen is pretty cool too . Too many bands I like . If one were really sucessful it would be great .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mavis

the rotators and the chalets are up there for sure..

also as numero uno, gavin glass. this guy is fantastic live. caught him supporting Mundy at the weekend, and also saw him play with his band in whelans. hes absolutely excellent in my book - definitely deserves more recognition. havent seen much press or owt for him, but i do believe hes the featured artist on tom dunne this week. bout time i sez..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

mavis wrote:
    the rotators and the chalets are up there for sure..

also as numero uno, gavin glass. this guy is fantastic live. caught him supporting Mundy at the weekend, and also saw him play with his band in whelans. hes absolutely excellent in my book - definitely deserves more recognition. havent seen much press or owt for him, but i do believe hes the featured artist on tom dunne this week. bout time i sez..

HMMMM!!!!

• Advertisement

pourquoi the HMM?

mavis wrote:

post numero uno ;)

aha! well, ya might disagree with the rankings, but dont knock it tills ya tried it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garryonimo

Chuzzle, fair enough, he and the band haven't really made much of an impact yet but if you ever see them live then you won't forget them. Myles Dungan is a big fan... :) Debut single in June. www.chuzzle.com

Yeah, saw Chuzzle & his band (The Chuzzles?? :cool: ) in Temple Bar Music Centre a couple weeks back supporting the fandabulous daddys little princess. REAL special - this guy in a red coat & top hat walks around the hall singing a real jewellery box song that builds up into a rocking monster. Rest of the set was righteous - like having lennon, mcartney and bono under one mad top hat. 1..2..watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slinkie

and by tip i dont mean that they will get a record deal. I mean they will release good music.

What is it with you guys??? No-Record-Deal = I'm-A-REAL-Artist? Yeah, right... :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxxrok

1.the rags
    2.stanley super 800
    3.the chapters
    4.the redneck manifesto
    5.the immediate
    6.brown
    7.soviet filter
    8.66e
    9.the chalets
    10.the flaws

but all these will prob change soon....except for the rags :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

foxxrok wrote:
    1.the rags
    2.stanley super 800
    3.the chapters
    4.the redneck manifesto
    5.the immediate
    6.brown
    7.soviet filter
    8.66e
    9.the chalets
    10.the flaws

but all these will prob change soon....except for the rags :cool:

so hold on, which member of the rags are you going out with did you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 foxxrok

i didnt :cool:
    can you see something different on the post than what i wrote???
    no....didnt think so
    next question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pincher

garryonimo wrote:
    Yeah, saw Chuzzle & his band (The Chuzzles?? :cool: ) in Temple Bar Music Centre a couple weeks back ... - like having lennon, mcartney and bono under one mad top hat. 1..2..watch :)

The Chuzzle show at the Spiegeltent in Dublin was the best live concert I've seen in literally 8 years. Next big thing, no questions asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

im not really into rock(y) music but i seen a band play in the foundry in carlow town a while back i think there name was
    KATCH 22
    most of the band were under 18 i reckon but they were class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lupus

PS for all interested The Marshal Stars gigs for the rest of this month include.

April 14th Rosin Dubh in Galway
    April 21st Athlone IT
    April 22nd Village with Brendan Benson
    23rd Halfmoon Cork
    24th Halfmoon Cork all age gig
    27th Carlow RTC
    30 The Hub all age gig

Join www.themarshalstars.com for 1/2 price tickets and free downloads and merchandise.
    Cheers

Lupus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 downandout

pincher wrote:
    The Chuzzle show at the Spiegeltent in Dublin was the best live concert I've seen in literally 8 years. Next big thing, no questions asked

Chuzzle are brilliant live, i'll grant you, but the only recordings I've heard are from the 2FM session which was great but not a patch on the live versions. If they can make a record to match their stage performances, then the sky's the limit for them. Their website has been stuck on 'theyre-in-the-studio' mode for at least a month and a half now - I want results, and I want them NOW goddammit!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

its nice to see this thread gradually descend into a complete joke with bands and their mates trying to big up themselves.

lupus you already have started a thread promoting Marshall Stars.

as for the other "new" posters......

i think i'm going to avoid checking out chuzzle

sh!te name

pincher wrote:

Actually!! What the fcuk?

Get the boat

garryonimo wrote:
    Yeah, saw Chuzzle & his band (The Chuzzles?? :cool: ) in Temple Bar Music Centre a couple weeks back supporting the fandabulous daddys little princess. REAL special - this guy in a red coat & top hat walks around the hall singing a real jewellery box song that builds up into a rocking monster. Rest of the set was righteous - like having lennon, mcartney and bono under one mad top hat. 1..2..watch :)

Seriously man, get to fcuk!!

"lennon, macartney and bono under one mad top hat".....arrrgh your an asshole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

as for the other "new" posters......

i think i'm going to avoid checking out chuzzle

sh!te name

I mentioned Chuzzle in my first post. He's not a late addition. His live performances are extremely extremely good. Bit stupid writing someone off because of a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

shuddup roxy

kisses ;)

polarbelly wrote:
    shuddup roxy

kisses ;)

there's a post packed with emotions.

You can't just sweep in, confuse me, and leave like that, Mick.

You just can't.

no shuddup roxy.

who said i'm writing them off because of their name. i merely said their name was sh!te.
    and who said anything about late additions. three peoples very first ever posts are about how "amazing" these guys are.

"the best live concert I've seen in literally 8 years"

"lennon, macartney and bono under one mad top hat"

"the sky's the limit for them"

i mean a guy gets destroyed for trying to advertise his music website on the board but.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pincher

the urges (fantastic drummer, good live shows)

It's the frontman, my sweet, the frontman who makes these happen

no shuddup roxy.

who said i'm writing them off because of their name. i merely said their name was sh!te.
    and who said anything about late additions. three peoples very first ever posts are about how "amazing" these guys are.

"the best live concert I've seen in literally 8 years"

"lennon, macartney and bono under one mad top hat"

"the sky's the limit for them"

i mean a guy gets destroyed for trying to advertise his music website on the board but.....

Well my point is maybe you should make up your own mind on them eh? If you're going to decide you dislike their music, at least decide after you've heard their music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I like Chuzzle.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 garryonimo

roxy wrote:
    Well my point is maybe you should make up your own mind on them eh? If you're going to decide you dislike their music, at least decide after you've heard their music.

Thank you, Roxy, looks like your common sense aint quite common enough around these here parts.
    For the benefit of the poor paranoiac who spewed some postings before you (there's a world outside your Windows, ianluvskathleen...) - it's true, it's true, I admit it all. I did a google on Chuzzle a few days back, hadnt heard anything about him since last issue but one of Hot Press. I found a mention from a much earlier part of this thread and it's true it's true you caught me I joined up *as a new member*, I'm sorry I'm sorry it was the only way in and no-one explained to me at registration that this site belonged to ianluvskathleen with 100+ postings and I've always been a weak man who couldn't resist temptation. And it gets worse: I raved about Chuzzle' s concert. Why? Here's my dirtiest little secret of all which has been forensically flushed out... I want Chuzzle to make it cos I think his music is brilliant. And just to please our inhouse conspiracy theorist even more, there was indeed contact between me and the band afterwards - I went up to the drummer and congratulated him on a deadly gig. I confess! Confesso! Confetti! Ianluvskathleen, good Ianluvskathleen, fair noble Ianluvskathleen, forgive me my sins and I'll say a hail mary and a glory be specially for you.
    BTW thanks for the welcome into your (rather little) world.

roxy wrote:

Of course i i'm not going to decide whether i like or dislike their/his music unless i've actually heard them. it was a figure of speech in retaliation to people coming onto the board and trying to flog their mates band by saying complete sh!te like they're lennon, macartney and bono all rolled into one. you know yourself from cluas and thumped that that sh!t always happens.
    and roxy i know your going to say i have no proof.
    garyonimonimoinmno i hear Queen are playing the point. maybe you should ask you buddy "the chuzzles" :cool: :confused: to see if Queen would be able to support them on their 2005 Tyrannotour or maybe get ringo to come and play a few numbers with them.
    Oh you are quite humourous. What does Confess, Confesso, Confetti mean? I know what two of them mean alright but not in context.

i have zero beef with chuzzle.....except their/his crap name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Ian you're such a hater! Go back to Kathleen will ya!

Advertisement