Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Episode 3 will be "Titanic in space" - Lucas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I actually take it as welcoming news. The last thing I want for a story of this (presumed?) nature is another brainless roller-coaster ride along the lines of ep2.

If fanboys end up not liking it then TS for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I had been looking forward to a much darker and grittier adventure than I & II, but having seen Lucas try to do tear-jerker with some of the love scenes in II, I'm not sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's one part that sounds very dark and gritty while being a kind-of tear jerker love scene:
    Anakin strangles Amidala using the force, and they have to cut the twins, Luke and Leia out of her dying body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

titanic in space... lets hope its not such a disaster "SPACEBERG, RIGHT AHEAD"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

"Titanic In Space".......That does not inspire confidence :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Didn't Futurama already do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Didn't Futurama already do this?
    Brannigan: "Prepare to change course!"
    Kif: "Sir, this is a leisure cruise. Our path was set by the travel agency."
    Brannigan: "That's for schoolgirls! Now here is a route with some chest hair!"
    Kif: "But that course leads directly through a swarm of comets."
    Brannigan: "Yes, comets. The icebergs of the sky. By jackknifing from one to the next at breakneck speed, we might just get some kinda gravity boost. Or something."
    Kif: *sigh*

Well I can only presume that what Lucas is talking about is that Ep3 will be a tragedy of epic proportions like Titanic, rather than a creative and artistic mess like Titanic. Yes, Im sure that's what he meant. *ahem*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

lol at titanic in space

this film is gonna be a piece of crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Pigman II wrote:

fans were never gonna like any of these films. its stupid. i enjoyed the last two apart from that bent kid in the first one. jar jar was annoin too but who cares. the fights are cool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Titanic in space? You mean a decent film ruined by terrible acting and woefully written love story? Didn't we already have that for episode 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Titanic in space? You mean a decent film ruined by terrible acting and woefully written love story? Didn't we already have that for episode 2?

Yeah, but maybe this time round a big ship will land on jar jar.

"Mesa gonna die horrbly sah!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah, but maybe this time round a big ship will land on jar jar.

"Mesa gonna die horrbly sah!"

I think he already said he's not going to kill the character off.

I think the best we can hope for is that he is still on Dantooine when the Death Star blows it up in Episode IV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think the best we can hope for is that he is still on Dantooine when the Death Star blows it up in Episode IV.

Didn't they leave Dantooine alone because there was no rebels found and it would make too remote a target anyway?

//

WRG to Jar Jar I reckon he'll only get a couple of token scenes the way he did in ep2.

I believe Lucas secretly accepts that JarJar was a bad idea but to scrub him entirely for the sequels would have been akin to a public admission of error.

That said tho, I don't think I remember seeing JarJar in either of the ep3 trailers so maybe he is history? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hmm.....althought Titanic with lightsabers would have been fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Pigman II wrote:
    Didn't they leave Dantooine alone because there was no rebels found and it would make too remote a target anyway?

//

That's right. I got it mixed up with Alderaan. I think Jar Jar is supposed to end up there at the end of the first trilogy.

I do miss Grand Moff Tarkin though... he was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Pigman II wrote:
    I actually take it as welcoming news. The last thing I want for a story of this (presumed?) nature is another brainless roller-coaster ride along the lines of ep2.

I think I'd just prefer Lucas to dig up the corpse of my childhood, sodomize it and be done with it.

It'd save me the inevitiable 8 euro, and would be slightly less painful or upsetting to watch.

My first letter to santa was scrawled in crayon and said nothing but how much I want the millenium falcon. Theres was nothing about sodding midi clorindins in it.

I want to hurt the man, I want to make him pay.

I also want to spent a month or two in skywalker ranch. It has its own firestation ffs, and the showers in the minor guest bungalows can comfortably fit three I'm told.

Look I'm conflicted, I'm aware of it, I've accepted it, I've moved on. I will go see ep 3, but I'm going in the similar vein of how I approached church on christmas morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

That's right. I got it mixed up with Alderaan. I think Jar Jar is supposed to end up there at the end of the first trilogy.

Look if I discovered that Jar Jar was alive and on Alderaan when they blew it up, I'd view the whole thing in a more postive light.

If Jar Jar was in Dachu, I'd view Nazism in a different light*

*That was a joke anyone who is offended or suggests that I support Hitler's idealogy, is an idiot, and deserves to have been in Dachu*

*this last part is a joke, unless you're spacedog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I can see Alderaan blowing up and after a time when they sift through the rubble the b**tard is still alive somehow, the duck-billed a**hole.

And tis a shame about Grand Moff Tarka (deliberate typo... the otter :) ) he was the only truly evil person in the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Feck, I couldn't resist reading that spolier, that seems pretty dark alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'd say it'll be ****e just like all the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

mycroft wrote:

*this last part is a joke, unless you're spacedog.

Ahh Space dog you are a Twat. In Light of the recent Spacedog campaign I too must participate.

Advertisement