Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Losing passport in half-arsed country..

• 19-03-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Hi. I was recently travelling in a developing country where **** does happen. There is no irish embassy or consulate there to my knowledge. It did occur to me a couple of times if i got fúcked over and had my passport stolen, what would the best way to proceed be?

Have any of you been in this situation - and how did you sort it?

I meant to make a copy of my passport ID page but never got round to it ...which was a bit stupid. I suppose in the absence of an irish embassy, the Brits might help??

Just want to be prepared for next time..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

get a gmail account or yahoo - anything with decent capacity.

Then colour scan your Drivers licence, passport, visa etc and mail them to the email account.

Now you always have a copy as long as you remember your password - they can't steal that!

Did the same going to Brazil last year and found it re-assuring. :o

BTW : aldi are selling color scanners for €59 ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You can go to any EU country's embassy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the info folks. Didnt know that you could go to any EU embassy. Thats good.

Has anyone had this happen - and how long does it take for the embassy to get you the temp. docs/new passport to allow you to travel again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

What country is this if you dont mind telling us?

I am MAN wrote:
    What country is this if you dont mind telling us?

Indonesia.

Columbia has moved up the todo list - although i want to be prepared for loss of passport, could lose more than that over there by all accouts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eurorunner wrote:
    Thanks for the info folks. Didnt know that you could go to any EU embassy. Thats good.

Has anyone had this happen - and how long does it take for the embassy to get you the temp. docs/new passport to allow you to travel again?

they should be able to courier a temporary passport in 1-2 days.

Also, there's a consul in Jakarta:

http://foreignaffairs.gov.ie/irishembassy/Indonesia.htm

Thanks for that etho...i know what to do if it happens now.

Advertisement