Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Beers, 1st April

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm even going to drag a friend who's never been onto boards!
    looks like there might be quite a few of us there then tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Fysh wrote:
    most likely wearing a black Johnny The Homicidal Maniac T-shirt

Ooooooh. I want to go even more now. I've been stuck doing a bloody pub quiz somewhere. Grrr. Might pop along later. Have a visitor down from Dublin and I have to get him to meet the infamous dahamsta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

looks like there might be quite a few of us there then tomorrow!
    Today.

Damien, being paraded around the Burlington by Mike "Two Mikes" Fagan a few years ago was quite enough parading for me thanks.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

ya ya, but now it's tomorrow for me! I'm just up and ready to start getting ready (I need a few hours!!) see you all later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

I have some really "interesting" ones of Dizzy at a work function, shall I post them ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just back. Had a great time. Was a bit strange meeting Boards people for the first time(and some non boards people). Looking forward to the next one. I would definatly recomend it!

oooh my head.... definately we should go for a beer garden next month though....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Owie. Where's my old friend, paracetamol?

(Hmmm. I wonder if I annoyed Sascha more or less than last time. Hehehe.)

I laughed so hard!! when he started pouting again! ha ha ha ha!

Um, I have a hat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Fysh wrote:
    Owie. Where's my old friend, paracetamol?

If you find any, please send some my way...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Found some extra strong french stuff the girlfriend had lying around which seems to have done the trick, and realised I only had a roll to eat all day yesterday. Which probably contributed to me feeling like someone had replaced my brain with a fermented dead dog this morning...

What's this about a hat, adam?

When I came down this morning I found a hat in my jacket pocket. Brown beanie thing. I have no idea whose it is and why I have it.

Alka Seltzer is your only man btw.

adam

Oh, yes, the hat. Didn't we find that in the beergarden or something? (Brown with white writing, I seem to recall).

Also, surely that was some sort of record, a beer meetup where the boardsies outnumbered the CLUG people and there were even girls there! (Well, one.)

Fysh wrote:
    Oh, yes, the hat. Didn't we find that in the beergarden or something? (Brown with white writing, I seem to recall).
    Yeah, but why is it in my pocket!?
    Also, surely that was some sort of record, a beer meetup where the boardsies outnumbered the CLUG people and there were even girls there! (Well, one.)
    Yeah, but she abandoned us!

adam

aahh I did good! I didn't abandon until late!! I promise next Sunday the 1st May I will stay the whole night! and sure didn't I meet you at the end of the night again Adam? (well, I have photo's that say I did anyway!!)

I promise next Sunday the 1st May I will stay the whole night!
    Friday the 6th of May. First Friday.
    and sure didn't I meet you at the end of the night again Adam?
    True. That was odd (in a pleasant way of course).

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Managed to get to the Phoinex but it was after 11 so you guys had left by that point?

Had a good night out with other people anyways so was all good :)

nesf wrote:
    Managed to get to the Phoinex but it was after 11 so you guys had left by that point?
    Someone wanted to move on to a pub with a beer garden so we headed to Fionn Barra's for a munch at around 8:30, via one drink in the Exchange. The atmos was rubbish in Fionn Barra's so we went to Tom Barry's from there, and finally back down to the Quad.

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    Someone wanted to move on to a pub with a beer garden so we headed to Fionn Barra's for a munch at around 8:30, via one drink in the Exchange. The atmos was rubbish in Fionn Barra's so we went to Tom Barry's from there, and finally back down to the Quad.

adam

LOL I was in the quad and then moved upto the Phoinex to try and find you guys!! Ended up in the brog.

Lol, better luck next time :)

nesf wrote:

Ahh, sure what kind of time was that to be showing up at all?! hopeless! next month now you really have to be there on time!

Any decent photos diszzyblabla? I suffer from Carry The Camera Everywhere But Always Forget To Use It Syndrome, so the photo I PM'd you is the only one I have.

adam

Ahh, sure what kind of time was that to be showing up at all?! hopeless! next month now you really have to be there on time!

lol

I had people to meet, things to do, you know how these modern go-go lifestyles are like! All rush rush busy busy and all that!

That and I only managed to make it to the Quad in the first place at 10!! I was distracted for some reason I can't remember now, think it MSN or something.

nesf wrote:
    I was distracted for some reason I can't remember now, think it MSN or something.

How can anything distract you from drink?!!! well, you'll know better for next month, turn off the computer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ah 6th of May I'd love to go but again have stupid exams. this just isn't fair! I promise I'll help boost the representation from the girls sometime soon!

dahamsta wrote:
    Any decent photos diszzyblabla? I suffer from Carry The Camera Everywhere But Always Forget To Use It Syndrome, so the photo I PM'd you is the only one I have.

adam

I have two of you from the very end of the night, one with the camera in front of your face and one with you holding your camera, and one of Fysh in his t-shirt... I suffer from the same "Carry The Camera Everywhere But Always Forget To Use It Syndrome" Definately loads will be taken at the next night out!
    I'll post them over the weekend sometime!

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote:
    ah 6th of May I'd love to go but again have stupid exams. this just isn't fair! I promise I'll help boost the representation from the girls sometime soon!

You'd better! being the only girl there isn't easy!

Advertisement