Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto Ireland- www.gtaireland.com

Options
  • 19-03-2005 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

For all GTA fans go to www.gtaireland.com as the ultimate resource for news tips hints and secrets for GTA:PSP (news) GTA:SA, GTA:VC, GTA3 and older versions of GTA!
    I also head the Multiplayer mods section where you can get all news about current online modifications such as Multi Theft Auto and mods that are currently in development such as GTA Syncd and GTA Connection.
    You can also post your opinions and interact with other members on the site! We are hoping to make a strong Irish gaming community for GTA games so head on down to www.gtaireland.com
    And if you ever need help with the forums or with MTA contact me at my msn address darkwolf@bluebottle.com,
    Jakkass
    (administrator on gtaireland.com, member of the mtavc.com forums)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you could at least try not to be so blatant about your spam...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Whats the point of an irish gta site anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tusky wrote:
    Whats the point of an irish gta site anyway ?
    all other GTA*.com variations were taken?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

GTA Ireland would be a cool game though, skanking cars off knobbs in Donnybrook, wheel burners in the fields of Jobestown, Pimpin' brassers on Leeson St. post office robberies in the GPO, killing spreein' goths and skateboarders at Central Bank, it'd be the best game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

man that topic is so misleading,

i really thought some looneys had made a dublin map for vice city :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good luck with the site.

Some tips , move the big pic to the top make it a banner, latest news post is what visitors should see 1st and make them at least 4 lines long, 1 line of text looks crap with all that emptiness around it.
    Dont use the generic PHP listings down the sides of the site it looks like every other php website ever. Change them to some of your own. The skin looks too bleak also jazz it up a bit.

www.modtheater.com basic design works well.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you could at least try not to be so blatant about your spam...
    lol its not spam if its relevant to the forum at hand (gaming)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Indeed its not spam its only a guy letting folk know about an Irish community,whats so wrong with that projectmayhyem?
    Dear God the mind boggles :rolleyes:

Good luck with the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

thank you!!
    :P anyway join up I am the Multiplayer Mod head so I will keep you posted about Online Mods for GTA 3 and VC! Theres a good few being developed so head over to the forums for more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

KdjaC wrote:
    Good luck with the site.

Dont use the generic PHP listings down the sides of the site it looks like every other php website ever. Change them to some of your own. The skin looks too bleak also jazz it up a bit. . . .

kdjac

The sides do have some of My own listings. I have the Amazon Block plus the links/affiliate block is my own and the latest forum topics block is pretty cool cos its scrolling. Also the GTA PSP subsite has a completely different design - not a conventional PHP design.

Anyone interested in GTA should really join up. We can build a really great GTA community for Ireland. I'll should be adding new content soon so anyone interested should keep and eye out for more content for San Andreas, Vice City and GTA 3

Thanks

lol :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bryanw wrote:
    The sides do have some of My own listings. I have the Amazon Block plus the links/affiliate block is my own and the latest forum topics block is pretty cool cos its scrolling. Also the GTA PSP subsite has a completely different design - not a conventional PHP design.

The Modules listed on the left are very generic and almost all sites of similiar content have those exact same style of listing by changing to your own design you become different :D

When you open your site your confronted with nothingness :D ie the big pic and intro to the site but no news or content, people want content ie news without having to scroll down (i know lazy bastards).

Good idea creating a network of gaming sites.

Just some helpful suggestions :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If the site is PHP Nuke be carefull, its full of security holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

i moved the san fierro banner to free up some space y'kno and i'll see bout putting some headlines on the top.

i dont think there is anything wrong with the menus - what do you suggest i change? :eek:

Advertisement