Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera 5.11 - interesting development

Options
  • 08-06-2001 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else used the new version of Opera? (5.11)

It's got a nice little feature for lazy people smile.gif - that being the "gestures" command... not a million miles away from the gestures you can perform in - say - Black and White.

e.g.:
    holding down the right mouse button - move left and release to go back, move right and release to go forward - move up and down and release to reload... etc. - takes a minute to get used to but dead handy.

Good work Opera fellas!

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Yeah I noticed that too it is quite handy and now as soon as they get they're DHTML specifications sorted out things will be looking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Hey,
    i had Opera ages ago, and it was class,but it didn't have offline browseing, which is a real must for me. Has that changed???

Gideon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gideon2000:
    Hey,
    i had Opera ages ago, and it was class,but it didn't have offline browseing, which is a real must for me. Has that changed???

Gideon.
    </font>

Nope... not that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I believe that that whole gesture thing originally came from Xwindows. You were able to swirl your mouse around to load specific progs.

Cant remember name of prog now though frown.gif

Advertisement