Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women's mini marathon training groups?

Options
  • 19-03-2005 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there
    am seriously thinking about entering the womens mini marathon this year for the first time. I am gonna try to run it but i need to find a training group as i have never trained for such stuff before. I do a bit of joggin now and again and my fitness level is not too bad. So, has anyone any info about places to train?
    thanks a million :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 prada

hi Amz
    am based in the ballsbridge area

I've had a look around and can't seem to find any. That's not to say there are none though.

Would you consider starting one yourself with people from work/college?

I know there are two where I am in Leixlip, but they train on the days I have rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Crusaders AC Mini marathon training starts Irishtown Stadium Mon Apr 4; reg 6.15 for 6.30. Fee Eu20. With coaches Nadya and Sinead.
    The training group caters for all levels of fitness. All are welcome.

I think this year training will be alternating between Irishtown and the UCD campus. Training comences at 6:30 on Mondays and Thursdays.
    Since you are located in Ballsbridge both of these locations would probably suit you.

For the location of Irishtown Stadium check out http://www.crusadersac.org/maps_irishtown.html

For more information contact lindien@eircom.net.

Alan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Surely all the training should be at Irishtown this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 prada

hey alano
    thanks a million for filling me in on that info. Irishtown and UCD are definately suitable for me! I actually only realised today that there is info about such things in the Evening Herald. Is two months enough time for me to train ......am not super fit but am not too bad either!
    thanx again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

You'll get a lot done in 2 months, especially if you're reasonably fit to begin with. Go for it! Don't try to do too much too soon though. Ease into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonnaC

Hi, I've recently moved to leixlip, have entered to run the womens mini marathon on june 5th - does anyone know of training groups in leixlip for it and how to contact them?? thanks :)

There's usually one or two in the area alright. To be honest, the only place I've ever seen them advertised is in the Parish newsletter though.

Although I'd say if you call up the Leixlip Amenities Centre (Near Lidl) they'll probably know of one or two. As far as I know there is a group organised from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Does anyone know of a training group that meet in the Phoenix park? I checked the evening herald last week, but there was nothing listed there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement