Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month broadband contract?

• 19-03-2005 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭

Is their any broadband companies that would give me a 6 month contract? I'm moving to citywest for 6 months. Is there any new apartments there that would have broadband installed in the apartments? What would my options be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Ripwave has a minimum of 1 month contract, if that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Thanks, that sounds like what I want. What kind of antenna is used for ripwave? Does it have to be mounted on the outside of your house or can it just sit at the window? Does it need line of sight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Sign up with eircom. They dont make you pay anything if you move house within the 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Hey does anyone know of any others? We are looking to get internet but only staying for 6 months! So looking to get a 6 month if anyone can help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

eircom is 6 months I believe as isn UTV I think...UTV charge a disconnection fee though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

dkane wrote: »
    Sign up with eircom. They dont make you pay anything if you move house within the 12 months.

But they do auto renew your contract for 12 months once you move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

UTV have no minimum, but you have to pay €60 if you move away before 6 months or €30 after that. Not recommended for you. BT have a similar, slightly higher price point but a 6 month term and no cancellation fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

3 mobile does prepay. I know its not ideal, but it might do you for the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Are the 3g dongles any good? Im very sceptical of them... i was hoping for a 6 month thing with NTL or something like that but im not sure its gonna happen now :(

EDIT: Also do BT do a 6 month for definite? Cause we only saw 12 month contracts on their websites...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭robototitico

any update on this? I cant seem to find any decent broadband on less than 12 months contract.

I am living in Limerick for the next 6 months only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EthicRanger

digiman wrote: »
    Is their any broadband companies that would give me a 6 month contract? I'm moving to citywest for 6 months. Is there any new apartments there that would have broadband installed in the apartments? What would my options be?

What's situation in 2011? is it possible 6month somewhere with ~40GB? Vodafone don't want to accept without contract back after few days (cooling period) landline was switched to eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

is it possible 6month somewhere

No. Old thread ends now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement