Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cap staying the same?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

vishal wrote:
    if you think you are going to get more than 32gb pm then you are in la la land. we will be lucky if they increase caps at all.
    Can you justify that statement, in many other countries there are no caps or they have caps reaching almost 100GB. There's no reason bar stinginess and elevated profit margins that they can't do this.And as for example, Smart have no official cap, you just shouldn;t be stupid with their service downloading at full whack 24/7

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

CyberGhost wrote:
    they will definitely leave caps as they are, if they were going to increase, why wouldn't they announce by now?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I think it's a case of "What's everyone else gonna do?". It's Eircom's "job", so to speak, to make the first announcement and then to be pipped by everyone else. IOL/UTV don't want to be the worst cap offering so they wait. Eircom could well leave them waiting and they'd more than likely be happy as it is - more money for UTV probably as people fly over their caps without realizing. I'll still give it time. If we don't hear it before the upgrade then we probably wont be hearing it (for a while anyhow).

Oh and in my opinion they wont do more than double the higher up caps. We'd all love to see fantastic caps but don't set yourself up for disappointment. 32GB would be a lot for me. That said, there'll always be people going over and complaining etc but this is the vast minority. They need to wake up with their cap breaking costs though. 3cent per mb is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

halenger wrote:
    3cent per mb is madness.

it is indeed. the wholesale cost is 5 cent per Gig so comreg should be the first port of call. they are trying to pass off a 30000% profit margin on the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

The caps and upload speed at the moment are scandalous. That on top of a sky high line rental and costly broadband service shows RIP OFF IRELAND is alive and well.

Roll on L.L.U for a decent BB product (nationwide for once:p).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Roll on L.L.U for a decent BB product (nationwide for once:p).

why doesnt esat bt start providing pure LLU services to the public? if smart is doing it why isnt esat and esat have more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Jorinn wrote:
    Can you justify that statement, in many other countries...
    Yeah except we're not in many other countries, we're in Ireland and that's the reason why we wont 100gb caps. I could maybe see the cap doubling but I would consider myself lucky if that happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

lomb wrote:
    why doesnt esat bt start providing pure LLU services to the public? if smart is doing it why isnt esat and esat have more money.

yea i was wondering that myself. I would of expected esat to set themselves free from eircom first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Esat were in far too cosy a position to go rocking the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

daveyjoe wrote:
    Yeah except we're not in many other countries, we're in Ireland and that's the reason why we wont 100gb caps. I could maybe see the cap doubling but I would consider myself lucky if that happened.
    That doesn't disqualify it though, Smart don't implement strict caps, just that users have common sense, it can be done in Ireland and it has definately been done elsewhere. Then again if you chose eircom then you can't really moan about your decision anyway, its widely known among users of these boards that eircom are a pack of so and so's. If you use other providers though it would be reasonable to assume they would increase the caps so the 2mbit services aren't a complete joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Eircom are great...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

DingChavez wrote:
    Eircom are great...

....great big bunch of azzholes that is!!

I took up their trial about 6months ago ad they began charging me €54.70 straight away....sent the dsl modem back after I got the second bill(and before the end of the 2month trial) in disgust!!!

I only recently got credit for €54.70 returned and expect the second €54.70 returned in my next bill.

What a bunch of incompetant twitz!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

DingChavez wrote:
    Eircom are great...
    I agree! Theeerrrreee GGGGGrrrreeat!

remember folks there is only so much legal stuff broadband can be used for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

..gnrrrkkk... thread descending.... into.... bunch of arse.....

... must....... ......... lock.......

Also, superman and ding: trolling will get you a permenant ban the next time I spot either of you doing it again. KTHX!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement