Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apache port for solaris

Options
  • 11-06-2001 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

is there is apache port just for x86 solaris 8 or is there the gen unix ver that is compiled on the machine.

please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but if it's what TCP/IP port apache should be using, it'd usually be 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

sorry about not being clear, waht I ment is, is there a version of apache web server that has just been written for solaris. All I can find are the ones for flavors of unix.

I know that solaris is unix like, but its still not unix.

hope that I have been clear this time.
    thanxs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wish:
    is there is apache port just for x86 solaris 8 or is there the gen unix ver that is compiled on the machine.

please help
    </font>

Humm.. surely you could just get the source and compile it ?

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ah ... that makes sense - sorry I didn't pick up on that first time round smile.gif

Yep- the standard UNIX version of Apache should run just fine on Solaris to the best of my knowledge. We are running it on one of our Solaris servers here and it has no problems whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Well, I've compiled and ran Apache on Solaris *several* times, it's nothing to be scared of Vish!

Just read the readme.install (or whatever) file, it's all in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Solaris is not unix like, it is unix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

thanks every body,
    I got it. its working now

again thanks all for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

www.sunfreeware.com is where you will find software that works, inc Apache

Advertisement