Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moriarty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

While Moriarty has sometimes used sarcasm at the wrong times lately he hasn't been as bad as he used to be. Whether that remains or not I don't know but I know that their has been a recent surge in the number of Trolls in that forum and some of them had been acting like retarded muppets. Besides why did ya post 3 flippin' posts on the same subject ONE IS ENOUGH.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Infini there really was no need for you to drag up the last two threads which were slipping into obscurity.

Also your sig violates the signature rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Inta 'im amz!

Amz wrote:
    Also your sig violates the signature rules.

Not necessarily. I've PM both cloud and DeVore on a different matter but they didn't say anything about my sig. Besides it's within the height limit and there are some other sigs on the other forums I'm usually on that are as long as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Width: 500px
    Height: 120
    Size: 77.12 kB (78968 bytes)

This violates the sig rules on two counts.

The argument that other people have oversized sigs etc. isn't valid. It doesn't make your sig ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

atta girl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you have an image and text..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Mordeth wrote:
    you have an image and text..
    :( You scared it off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

And the image is ugly, which while it's not currently a violation, it definately should be.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

logic1 wrote:
    And the image is ugly, which while it's not currently a violation, it definately should be.

.logic.
    Can we dismiss ugly members too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

uh oh.....

Sure knock yourself out. You can do anything you want in fantasy land.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It's the whole "Moved to net/comms" that gets me. He is not even a mod on Ireland offline anymore but still retains the trappings of power. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Ok Ok Ok, I pm'd Moriarty and we sorted it all out, He is not the worst after all, I was "tired and emotional" as a certain Mr D once quoted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MarinoMark wrote:
    Ok Ok Ok, I pm'd Moriarty and we sorted it all out, He is not the worst after all, I was "tired and emotional" as a certain Mr D once quoted !!
    Little House on the Prairie'esque

This calls for the power of...
    blade.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D

Infini wrote:
    This calls for the power of...
    :D:D:D:D:D

Seriously if you're going to spam gathering cards everywhere at least use ones that make sense.

You remind me of another young, new, fresh spammer we had once. His name was azezeil and he turned gay. So let that be a lesson.

.logic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

AH lads will ye stop. There aint any need for this violence in such a friendly community..

Use some logic in your posts logic mate ^_^ :) ::D

Anyway, Moriarty does close a lot of threads, but there is perfect reason for them and its boring saying "Topic Closed. Moved to ..." etc. a bit of sarcasm adds a bit of humour :D

I love reading the posts he comes out with!

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I find Moriarty's sarcasm very refreshing - I followed the broadband forum avidly for nearly a year before ever joining up to Boards and posting. (I was seeking BB information before eventually opting for my chosen provider when they rolled out)

Broadband is a tough forum and tempers regularily flare. The sarcasm adds humour to the whole affair and puts everything in (humorous) perspective.

People may criticise Moriarty's sarcasm (which I do not), but his moderatorship otherwise has been flawless.

Keep up to good work!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DrIndy wrote:
    I find Moriarty's sarcasm very refreshing - I followed the broadband forum avidly for nearly a year before ever joining up to Boards and posting. (I was seeking BB information before eventually opting for my chosen provider when they rolled out)

Broadband is a tough forum and tempers regularily flare. The sarcasm adds humour to the whole affair and puts everything in (humorous) perspective.

People may criticise Moriarty's sarcasm (which I do not), but his moderatorship otherwise has been flawless.

Keep up to good work!

Agreed!

- Sully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Moriarty does what any 12 year old does. I've got the power!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

MickFarr wrote:
    Moriarty does what any 12 year old does. I've got the power!

When I was removing that image from you signature I noticed that you were browsing the Broadband forum. Therefore I assume that you have some interest in the broadband forum and that it is likely (but correct me if I'm wrong) that you like to use the Broadband forum. Your posts on the forum seem to suggest that I'm right.

So, bearing in mind that we need moderators if we're to have forums, can you spot the irony in the above comment implying that that moderator is acting like a child?

If you have some constructive criticism, then fine. But if the above is your attitude I'd rather you just left boards.ie and didn't come back.

ecksor wrote:
    When I was removing that image from you signature I noticed that you were browsing the Broadband forum. Therefore I assume that you have some interest in the broadband forum and that it is likely (but correct me if I'm wrong) that you like to use the Broadband forum. Your posts on the forum seem to suggest that I'm right.

So, bearing in mind that we need moderators if we're to have forums, can you spot the irony in the above comment implying that that moderator is acting like a child?

If you have some constructive criticism, then fine. But if the above is your attitude I'd rather you just left boards.ie and didn't come back.

Finaly someone removed that so pathetic signature -- good job and good point ecksor!

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Sully04 wrote:
    Finaly someone removed that so pathetic signature -- good job and good point ecksor!

- Sully

are you still spamming the feedback forum with one liners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

ecksor wrote:

:eek: MY SIG !!!

are you still spamming the feedback forum with one liners?

Looks like it... and I wouldnt call it spamming... :P

Just making a comment.

- Sully

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

DrIndy wrote:

For what I would imagine should be a kind of 'technical' forum theres a lot of idiotic stuff to control
    For example this newbie(could be troll/spammer) has made about 20 posts,most of them starting threads about stuff that has been played to death already(you wouldn't even have to do a search,just a glance up and down the threads)
    Only yesterday Moriarty asked/told him not to start a new thread for 2 weeks,so this evening guess what he did ?
    Naturally Moriarty imposed the promised ban.......way to go......

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭GavinKeller

ecksor wrote:

We need more police but not 12 year olds. So he's right can you spot the irony in the above comment?

ecksor wrote:

You banned him from posting on any forum and you some constructive criticism but I suppose if he licks your arse and agrees with you might let him back.

You back in school on Monday?

He was banned for putting his signature back after I removed had already removed it. You're banned because I have very little time for idiots these days.

• Advertisement

Hm, I guess that IP address you share with him is a coincidence :rolleyes:

Advertisement