Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moriarty

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ecksor wrote:
    He was banned for putting his signature back after I removed had already removed it. You're banned because I have very little time for idiots these days.

Not spamming or anything but id agree with you. One thing tho - that sig has been there since I joined. Why only remove it now?

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭roryodonnell

What's the story on banning people without giving fair warnings. I agree that all boards need Mods but not act like Gods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

This is the first forum I've been on and I've been on lots were I have ever seen an administrator lie.

I'll let the moronic nature of that comment speak for itself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭roryodonnell

Maybe this is what he meant?

This is the first forum I've been on (and I've been on lots) where I have seen an administrator lie.

I'll let the moronic nature of that comment speak for itself...

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

My bad :) ironic eh ;)

I must have been talking to Moriarty too much...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

steveland? wrote:
    My bad :) ironic eh ;)

I must have been talking to Moriarty too much...
    *points and laughs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I STAB YOU!

the automatic decapitalisation of SHOUTING is also most annoying

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I have to say Moriarty does a dam good job modding the Broadband forum, I enjoy reading it each day and seeing 2 or 3 closed threads because people are too lazy or stupid to search the forum for something thats been answered/talked about a million times before.

I do however dislike him because I would have liked to mod the Windows forum :p

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well he said to me "You broke the "Don't Piss Off Moriarty" rule" and banned me from broadband!
    talk about a power trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, that seems to be the issue at the root of this thread.

You broke the rule though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Just stop going on about it your going to get nowhere its not like admins are going to remove his mod and all your doing is annoying him and making him want to ban more people and close more forums to piss you lot off more. This is not a democracy its a dictatorship deal with it and move on.

In fairness supermans ban was a bit extreme but coming here aint going to get ya unbanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Cabaal wrote:
    I have to say Moriarty does a dam good job modding the Broadband forum, I enjoy reading it each day and seeing 2 or 3 closed threads because people are too lazy or stupid to search the forum for something thats been answered/talked about a million times before.

yep agreed he is a very good mod and is doing exactly what he is supposed to do,

he saves people lots of time, can you imagine going through 8 threads with 5 pages in each? isn't it better to keep it in one thread?

and about sarcasm,

don't you have some humour? he is saying some joke instead of flaming you, which he has a right to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Lets put it this way. Broadband is one of the most vicious forums on boards. If moriarty weren't moderating it, there would probably be a flame war on more than 70% of all the threads there and it'd probably end up being called the flaming forum. Even I'd admit he does a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Even I'd admit he does a good job.

lol

yep, I really appreciated his modding yesterday, it would be a chaos without a good mod

Infini wrote:
    Lets put it this way. Broadband is one of the most vicious forums on boards.

yeah just go and look at it, they are literally fighting tooth and nail over who has the fastest ping!
    Personally I think the BB forum needs to lighten up a bit you can rarely go on to it and make a post that doesn't get shot down instantly by someone who has extremely strong views about NTL or IOL.
    I also have a funny feeling that moriarty feels somehow empowered by his position on the forum and that if you were to meet him in real life he wouldn't be half as opinionated!

Superman wrote:
    yeah just go and look at it, they are literally fighting tooth and nail over who has the fastest ping!
    Personally I think the BB forum needs to lighten up a bit you can rarely go on to it and make a post that doesn't get shot down instantly by someone who has extremely strong views about NTL or IOL.
    I also have a funny feeling that moriarty feels somehow empowered by his position on the forum and that if you were to meet him in real life he wouldn't be half as opinionated!
    Wow, have I just been CU@LANd?

Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Its like the Counter-Strike forum!

You know, before it got boring....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Its like the Counter-Strike forum!

You know, before it got boring....

Because a better game came along! :D

Moriarty wrote:
    Wow, have I just been CU@LANd?

Cool.
    can someone translate this mumbo-jumbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Superman wrote:
    Probably something to do with fisting or something else not generally discussed at the better dinner parties. File under "Az".

Mixed-race elephants might take offence at your use of the phrase "mumbo-jumbo" btw so you might want to look at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Superman wrote:

CU@LANd
    Verb
    "See you at LAN" where a LAN is a gaming event where people are in the same room or building.
    It has been compared to throwing down the gauntlet during an online argument, much like this, where the challenger claims the opponent wouldn't be nearly as confrontational were they to meet in person, ie. at a LAN.
    It typically backfires in practice.
    See "LittleTinyMan", "MontyLAN" and "Everyone else" for an example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Infini wrote:
    Because a better game came along! :D

Ya - Day of Defeat :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

No because I stopped posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

sceptre wrote:
    Mixed-race elephants might take offence at your use of the phrase "mumbo-jumbo" btw so you might want to look at that.

Think I will probably use this in every sig and !setinfo I use from now on :D

Thats SyxPak, Sounds like moriarty is one cool cat :rolleyes:
    and sceptre your comment was interesting to say the least!

.. and to say the most, arousing?

We'll have none of your sick filth here, thank you very much.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Superman wrote:
    Thats SyxPak, Sounds like moriarty is one cool cat :rolleyes:
    and sceptre your comment was interesting to say the least!

Are you not that guy who called everyone on the BB forum a "nerd" and said that Eircom where now enforcing there caps?! :P

- Sully

Sully04 wrote:
    Are you not that guy who called everyone on the BB forum a "nerd" and said that Eircom where now enforcing there caps?! :P

- Sully
    well people posting there ping at 4am is kinda nerdy, no? and I still maintain they will enforce the new cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

this thread is great, it keeps goin (like yer ma)
    well i think we shud have a moriarty day, itll be great.

MORIARTY FOR PRESIDENT
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Superman wrote:
    well people posting there ping at 4am is kinda nerdy, no? and I still maintain they will enforce the new cap!

Yet you still want to get in...

Advertisement