Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone mad enough to try this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

thought about it, my laptop is starting to show some signs of wear and tear even though it's only a year old, might give it a try during the summer, always worried about not being able to put it back together though :)

the results he got are quite good and professional looking, but as he said, the paint doesnt properly cure for 3 months, so its quite prone to damage for a while..... i wonder if baking it at a low temp for a day or two would help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

There is only one option for the well-dressed laptop.

http://polygfx.com/product/laptopSkins.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

kdouglas wrote:
    always worried about not being able to put it back together though :)

Youd be right to be worried about that, i have taken apart a few laptops before and they are a bas***d to put back, really fiddly and loads of screws, youd have to be real careful doing this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

**** if my Dell D600 Looked that good
    i'd be super impressed
    maybe i'll put in a support call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

It's class looking. But I presume your warranty is dead if you were to do this?

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    It's class looking. But I presume your warranty is dead if you were to do this?

id say so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

gline wrote:
    Youd be right to be worried about that, i have taken apart a few laptops before and they are a bas***d to put back, really fiddly and loads of screws, youd have to be real careful doing this

know the feeling, ive a p2 333 lappy at home which i took apart six months ago, one of these days ill actually put it back together, forgot to remember where everything went, so itll take a couple of hours.

yeh it does, they are fiddly as hell with all those tiny screws :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Do what I did when dismantling my TOASTER (surprisingly complex) - record it onto tape, then play backwards if you get confused

Do what I did when dismantling my TOASTER (surprisingly complex) - record it onto tape, then play backwards if you get confused

LOL thats a good idea, would have never thought of that :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

hmm gives me ideas to spray me case

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

That Lappy is Fooking deadly, i have an inspiron 9100 and i may do the same during the summer, the led's look class.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

kdouglas wrote:
    thought about it, my laptop is starting to show some signs of wear and tear even though it's only a year old, might give it a try during the summer, always worried about not being able to put it back together though

You don't need half of those screws.

If you're methodical and don't piss about leaving screws all over the place you'll be fine.

From years of taking things apart with my trust Philips head, I found a method that works well: draw rough layout of each layer of the laptop, blu-tack the screws down on their relative locations as you remove each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

SyxPak wrote:
    You don't need half of those screws.

If you're methodical and don't piss about leaving screws all over the place you'll be fine.

From years of taking things apart with my trust Philips head, I found a method that works well: draw rough layout of each layer of the laptop, blu-tack the screws down on their relative locations as you remove each one.

Great tip SyxPak, ill remember that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

not a chance...id mess it up

Advertisement