Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to go about this....

Options
  • 16-06-2001 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

I'm makin a site for my artwerk...but I'm not really sure about how the layout should be done.

Don't get me wrong, I know HTML, Javascript, DHTML, CSS, XML, MySQL, ASP, PHP etc etc...and how to upload it and maintain it and whatever but I just wanted to know how you think an art portfolio kinda site should be layed out.

I've never seen one before so if someone could give me links that'd be great. But should it just be like a big page with loadsa thumbnails of my pics? Seems kinda, um, empty...or sumthin...huh, I'm not makin much sense I know but if anyone got the general jist of this post could they give me their advice...thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Hey,

A friend of mine was designing a site to showcase art from a local painter. He came up with a nice layout, with a guestbook, some background on the artist, and thumbnails with information about each picture. There may have been a feedback form and a message board or something like that.

The guy refused and instead chose a frames-based design that had thumbnails down the side and images in the other frame. As I recall, it was hideous. I think that as well as the art there needs to be some input on behalf of the artist, history, motivation, I dunno... more than just pictures.

<A HREF="http://www.thegreensock.com

-Unfinished" TARGET=_blank>www.thegreensock.com

-Unfinished</A> and a bit crap right now, but... *has convenient moment of asphyxiation which allows self to avoid finishing the sentence, wahey* :)

Advertisement