Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc build help please

Options
  • 20-03-2005 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

stuck over here in the US on a P3 atm, driving me mad.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/WishR.asp?ID=1404414

Does this all look compatible to you guys? any recommendations?

I will be happy to wait a few months before upgrading gfx card(s).
    prob should throw in a case fan or 2.

What do ye think I will be able to OC this up to?

Thanks,

Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The graphics card isn't great. You really need to change it for something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

im probably going to buy a 6800gt in couple of months, just want the bare minimum in pci-express till then :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

I'd get the DFI SLI rather than the Asus, apart from that and the graphic card, it looks good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Does anyone know if the thermalright xp-120 is fully compatible with the dfi lanparty SLI.

I think the fourth DIMM is blocked by it :/

otherwise i think DFI is the way to go. Outrageous money for a mobo tho :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Get the XP-90. Shouldnt have a problem with the DFI. The temps are only 1-2C difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Mmmmmm................. linkie for the HS
    Seems it supports 3200+ and upwards so would do some googling.
    whats the cooling spec on that case? if your goin SLi you may need a bigger case with better air flow

EDIT: if you go water cooling get a better case(window),you want to look at your beauty in action dont you tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

neokenzo wrote:
    I'd get the DFI SLI rather than the Asus, apart from that and the graphic card, it looks good :)

id agree, everything else looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

If you're going with the DFI-SLi then go for the XP-90, the Xp-120 has had some fitting problems using RAM slots 2+4, which are the recommended ones for Dual Channel.

Advertisement