Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's hoping Hideo Nakata goes into early retirement.

Options
  • 20-03-2005 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well, Hideo Nakata has just signed on to direct the American ass-rape of The Eye with the writer of Gothica. That's right! The talentless hack who wrote Gothica is excreting the script for this remake.

I think at this point its worth noting that when you sell any dignity you might have, it seems that any and all talent goes out the window too, because so far, Nakata's The Ring Two has been pretty much slated by critics, and has a pathetic 26% score on rottentomatoes.com. It's not often I gloat at failure, but I think this time it's deserved.

So here's hoping that Nakata takes that huge slating as a stern warning of things to come, and goes back to making some decent films, or at the very least, pack it in and give up on films entirely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

That's what happen's when the Yank's wave dollar's at you!

When you think about it you really can't blame him.He get's paid a **** load of money to remake a film,he already know's about.Who care's if it's a flop? he can go back home a hero and make more film's with more people willing to give him money.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

GAH! I dont think the eye should be remade at all, regardless of director, leave it alone you bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Xcom2 wrote:
    Who care's if it's a flop? he can go back home a hero and make more film's with more people willing to give him money.

X

Eh, not exactly. He's already scheduled for yet another yank remake, this time the film in question being The Entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

The Entity was quite an in film round the schoolyard when I was growing up. :p

Has no one got an original idea left?

X

Xcom2 wrote:
    Has no one got an original idea left?

X

Yeah, everyone has original ideas... just nobody in hollywood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well i hated gothica so im in full agreement with ya there. But there is one good thing that comes with hollywood grabing all these films. Not having to read the subs. I dont mind most of the time but watching a film like Internal affairs it can get a bit confusing im looking foward to scoescasee doing that one. I think gothica might have been better if thay had subed it into japaneese ;p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

jesaysus... that hideo! he's a wild 'un...
    to be honest, i cant wait to see the ring two, i think it looks good, but why the eye remake...
    hah, did anyone see nakata's last original movie? chaos was utter crap, o god, so random and confusing and boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Nope havent seen it and wont be looking out for it now!

doonothing wrote:
    hah, did anyone see nakata's last original movie? chaos was utter crap, o god, so random and confusing and boring!

His last original film was Last Scene, and before that, he directed Dark Water... Chaos was in fact directed before Ring 2 (The Japanese Ring 2, just to clarify), and it's actually meant to be very good. I have it here, so I'm eager to take a look at it as soon as I can find the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Saw 'The Ring 2' (US) today. It really is as terrible as rottentomatoes is claiming, and then some. It's one of the worst movies I've seen in AGES, and that's saying a lot -- it's boring, full of terrible dialogue, uninteresting 'action' sequences, and worst of all, Nakata re-hashes a lot of the mother/daughter crap from his 'Dark Water' and spreads it on thick

It's quite impossible to convey the sheer disappointment of 'The Ring Two' in words. It's like a cheap, dumb rip-off movie of 'The Ring' with a terrible alternative plot to boot. Remember the parody Ring bits in 'Scary Movie 3' ? They're better than anything 'The Ring Two' has to offer. :mad:

I second the motion that Nakata retire asap. Utter tripe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement