Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Odd / Aggressive cop driving behaviour

Options
  • 20-03-2005 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭

Last week I was driving south on the N11. I was stopped at a traffic lights at Cabinteely. I was the first at the lights in the left hand lane. A police car with three guardians of the peace in it pulled up on my left in the bus lane. Cars were turning from the north-bound N11 via a filter light ie moving from my right to left. The cop started edging out through the red light. No siren or flashing lights.
    Finally the last car went through on ther filter light. In fact that person probably went through on the red or possibly very late on the yellow. By this stage the cop car was about half way across the road that this car was trying to turn into. To my surprise the cop started blowing the horn very agressively at this driver as he went past. It was an old granddad type of guy who looked horrified.

It seemed to me that if the cop was in a rush she should have put on the siren/lights. If she wanted to impress on the driver the error of his ways in maybe going through on the red she should have pulled him over. If she was too busy for that she should have done nothing. But just jamming on the horn made her seem like an aggressive nutcase. Maybe she thought it was funny ?

I'm probably way over reacting to this but wonder what other people think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Its the same old story with the cops just because they are there to inforce the law doesn't mean they have the right to break it.
    How many times have you seen a cop talking on the mobile while driving?
    I have seen it tons of times.

I have to say i have no respect for the gaurds at all, There has been a few times over the last couple of years that i needed them and they never showed up and then i was stopped for moving into the bus lane 10 yards short of where i should have when i was taking a left turn. Its things like that that make people boil! (Rant over)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Was recently driving west on the M4 and saw a Garda Terrano bully it's way down the overtaking lane by tailgating any car it encountered. Surely an easier way to do this, if it's an emergency, is to switch on the siren/lights. If it's not an emergency, then the driver of the jeep should surely be obeying the normal rules of the road and/or setting an example to other drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Almost got creamed myself yesterday. T-junction with traffic lights. I had a green light just come up, even checked to my right and saw two cars waiting at their red lights. So I drove out and turned right ...only to be missed by a hairs width by a speeding garda "Focus" doing about 100 km/h and weaving around the stationary cars in the wrong lane. Had neither seen nor heard him coming because ...no siren, no lights. And that well within town. What was he thinking? If anything at all ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

I always see them speeding on the lower Kilmacud road between stillorgan and goatstown with no lights/sirens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

Sure they're the Guards - who's going to repremand/arrest them ?

Since the original poster mentioned that it was a female Garda in the driving seat ........

Maybe I'm nuts or something, but I seem to have noticed an increase in the number of female Gardai in recent times. I have to say - they look real scary to me - they are the meanest looking bunch of sour pusses I've ever seen .... faces like slapped ars*s the lot of them.

What's going on ? Is this some directive issued from Garda HQ or something - that all female Gardai are to look like bulldogs licking p*ss from a thistle ? And they really do rip the ass out of their squad cars too.

Don't know if anyone else has noticed, like I said - I might just be mad !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

bike cops are the worst,think they own the road silly p....s,they should practice what they preach,rules off the road doesent apply to them :mad: take the pan euros off them,and give them push bikes :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

they are the ugly/bullied school children looking for some revenge on pretty people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

I saw a marked garda car drive past me today on the Dublin Road (Coast Road) on the way to Sutton with 2 Guards in uniform driving along passed me and the driver was smoking - I only noticed because the driver was taking a drag as he passed me by. Surely the smoking in the workplace law also applies to emergency service workers?!? Please don't say that it doesn't apply to them!!! :eek:

Advertisement