Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City Boundry

Options
  • 20-03-2005 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Does any one think that Galway will need a boundary extension in the near future to include areas like the new ardaun corridor which will cater for 15000-20000 ppl and areas like claregalway and oranmore which are just suburbs now anyways!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Well since no one else is going to field this question guess its up to me...No, don't be tick

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

i think its a pretty good question especially since future investment into galway by the govt and fdi depend on population figures and stats.... so magnolia unless uve something constructive to say keep it to yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lou1982

Could anybody tell me where I could get any information on Ardaun? Is there any website? Does anybody know is the proposed new town going to be situated near the rail line or not and if so are there any plans for a new rail station for the proposed town? I need to know asap. Doing a dissertation on the rail line. Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Isn't Ardaun meant to be on the Dublin road, before the roundabout with the new Clinic hanging off it?

yeah the ardaun corridor stretches along the N6 dualcarriageway from below ballybane and nearly out as far as oranmore and is zoned for nearly 30000 people over the next twenty years.although there is no dedicated website on the planned town bits of info can be found on the city councils website on pop projections and a paragraph is also on the west on track website. from what ive read the rail line runs through it and its envisaged that there will be some sort of station simiular to the cork middleton line for commuters.Also there is planned schools and a shopping centre in the mix for the area...

Hope that helps a little!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lou1982

That's great Jammyd. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

i think galway should start building up and not out or else it'll end up like dublin.

it's swallowing everything now , sure oranmore might as well be in eyre square now.

id have to agree with you derv... Galways suburbs now stretch over 20miles east to west.... However, unlike the rest of irelands cities there is no plans for high rise development in galway except for the odd seven storey hotel out on the tuam road.

it's a f**king joke that they won't build a few decent high rise buildings , instead of ruining the like of connemara by building outwards.

sure barna and spidal will be in the city soon.

what can ya do? not much.............

the irish government

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

derv wrote:
    it's a f**king joke that they won't build a few decent high rise buildings , instead of ruining the like of connemara by building outwards.

sure barna and spidal will be in the city soon.

what can ya do? not much.............

the irish government
    soon like 20 years

• Advertisement

20 years too soon if you ask me ,

think it will be less than that to be honest........

just my opinion

actually part of bearna is actually included as part of the cities overall population according to the cso... www.cso.ie why do ya think all them large town developments have sprung up all over the village...

that was a quick 20 years drake , i did not age a bit either!!

Advertisement