Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eye cinema

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

off to see HG2TG pretty soon, €12 for the lux screen! well it had better be worth it! it would be ever so cool if (like the UGC in Dublin) they would offer a membership option and id never leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

yup theres another thing I was hoping for with two new cinemas....

A years unlimited access ticket. I think its teh UCI that do them, a friend of mine has one in dublin.

I think the Eye is a grand cinema and is better than Omni Headford because of decent seating (no problems with tall feckers in front of ya) but its on a par with the omni in oranmore.

Tis a shame that it offers nothing new (sure there is a lean towards "arthouse" type stuff - but im only in the mood for that sometimes) (the ben & jerrys is nice I suppose!)

I say book ahead allocated seating and yearly tickets EYE!!!! Get the arses in gear!!!!! Do they want to sell tickets or what?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 webmaster@eye

On behalf of everyone at the EYE Cinema I wish to thank you for your interest in our new cinema, your valuable comments and lively debate.

What I would like to do is give you our comments on your comments.
    -Uniforms – gone changed
    -Film Offer – we wish to give you the maximum choice of films every week and across a range of times – from pre-noon and late night shows. We are looking at building into our film schedules many of the suggestions you have made through the Art House Forum on the eyecinema website.
    -Pricing – This is always a sensitive issue - so here goes
    Our early bird ticket at €4.50 is the lowest in Galway,
    Our family ticket – 2 adults and 2 children is competitively priced.
    We think, and a lot of people agree with us, the best is worth paying that little bit extra for - which is why our luxury screen is sold out for most evening performances
    -Concessions - You will be pleased to learn we have introduced better value concession products with a bigger range and competitively priced selection of combos

So for the best choice of films in Galway, the best seats in Galway, the best screens in Galway and the best sound in Galway - it has to be the EYE Cinema.

Please keep in touch with us – we want to know what you think and how we can improve your cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Dundhoone wrote:
    A years unlimited access ticket. I think its teh UCI that do them, a friend of mine has one in dublin.
    i'd definitely get one of these :)

damn fine cinema, especially the magnificent 7 screen.
    it's so refreshing to come out of a 2 hour+ film and not have to rub life back into your numb ass. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

On behalf of everyone at the EYE Cinema I wish to thank you for your interest in our new cinema, your valuable comments and lively debate.

What I would like to do is give you our comments on your comments.
    -Uniforms – gone changed
    -Film Offer – we wish to give you the maximum choice of films every week and across a range of times – from pre-noon and late night shows. We are looking at building into our film schedules many of the suggestions you have made through the Art House Forum on the eyecinema website.
    -Pricing – This is always a sensitive issue - so here goes
    Our early bird ticket at €4.50 is the lowest in Galway,
    Our family ticket – 2 adults and 2 children is competitively priced.
    We think, and a lot of people agree with us, the best is worth paying that little bit extra for - which is why our luxury screen is sold out for most evening performances
    -Concessions - You will be pleased to learn we have introduced better value concession products with a bigger range and competitively priced selection of combos

So for the best choice of films in Galway, the best seats in Galway, the best screens in Galway and the best sound in Galway - it has to be the EYE Cinema.

Please keep in touch with us – we want to know what you think and how we can improve your cinema.

Cool, it's a pretty class cinema, any complaints/ suggestions i have are minor!
    The student discount is fantastic, i haven't been to the Omniplex since i started going the EYE with my student card, and I go the EYE 2-3 times a week.

Suggestions:
    Some sort of membership swipe card, accumulate points etc, more you go more points you get.

I don't think you can book tickets at student prices over the web, surely could just present card(s) when collecting them?

Large drink prices are really bad for what you get, it's way smaller than the Omniplex, and I think more expensive. Would prefer either a much larger drink for the same price, or the same drink for a lower price.

The pick and mix prices are again really bad.

Prices for sweets i.e. Sea monsters are almost double what you would expect to pay in a shop for them. I accept that they will obviously be more expensive in the cinema, but the extent of it is dissapointing.

Large drink cups dont fit in the Cup holders in screen one, and these holders are incidently on the back on the ground of the seat in front, and not under the armrest like the other screens.

A couple more showings of the Arthouse films would be good and also to tell you in the paper or the pamphlet that it is subtitled.

A pass machine somewhere in wellpark.

All in all its a far better experience than the Omniplex, which it will be a long time before i go back to!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

Please Oh Please Get Rid Of That Annoying Ass Hector!
    He Is The Only Thing Making Me Think Twice About Going To Your Cinema!
    Anybody Agree With Me Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!?!? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

Please Oh Please Get Rid Of That Annoying Ass Hector!
    He Is The Only Thing Making Me Think Twice About Going To Your Cinema!
    Anybody Agree With Me Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!?!? ;)

Agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Well I still have to go to a cinema outside of Dublin where there is ushers to show you to your previously booked seat.

God knows, there is enough staff working there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Suggestions for films:

The Arthouse is a great idea, very much needed in Galway - even with the Galway Film Society's screenings.

Some runs of classic films (Alien, Big Lebowski, Blade Runner, Reservoir Dogs, Starwars Ep4-6 etc.) would be nice - provided that the distributers didn't charge you (the Eye Cinema) an arm and a leg for it of course.

{edit}
    Hector. I'm not too bothered, but I'm running out of smart-ass quips to whisper to friends when he comes on. Perhaps a smiley face in the centre of the screen demonstrating the reaction of the rest of the audience to someone who leaves their mobile phone on during a film ie. swift sharp shock to the ass. I assume ye spent a fair bit of cash on the Hector thing, so get your money's worth, but don't leave it there too long. The humour feels kinda forced and borderline patronising after you've seen it twice.
    {/edit}

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

dawballz wrote:
    Well I still have to go to a cinema outside of Dublin where there is ushers to show you to your previously booked seat.

God knows, there is enough staff working there.

And perhaps some Cuban street children could be employed to rub your tired feet during the film too? smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

SyxPak wrote:
    And perhaps some Cuban street children could be employed to rub your tired feet during the film too? smile.gif

Well if they would like to do that, I wouldn't mind, although it wouldn't entice me to go to the cinema anymore than I already do.

I saw a good few members of staff just standing around there the other night, doing nothing. They could have been showing people to their seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HappyGoLucky

I just booked tickets via the eye cinema website. Whats with the booking fee? This has to be a joke. For 3 adult tickets its E1.50 extra.

I used to book tickets via my credit card with the omniplex and I was never charged a booking fee! I take everything good that I said about the eye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

I've been to the Eye cinema a few times and on the whole I think it is a nice cinema with plentyof potential but there are a couple of issues I was disappointed with:

*Why are the drinks holders not in the usual place at the end of the arm rest? It seems a bit awkward to be bending up and down to put them on the floor and correct me if I'm wrong but anything larger than a medium drink will not fit in the holder?

*The food stand seems to be very small with only a few staff. You can be waiting a while at the omniplex to get servered but it all visits to the eye it has been even longer (15 minutes is the longest I waited before I gave up and that was not at a big movie opening eitherby the way)

* I like to be early to get a nice seat but I absolutley detest that Hector add. It is ok the first time but itis soooooooooo long winded and tedious it has to be changed. I mean, combine having to get there early to queue for snacks and get in early enough to get a seat and have to sit through ?Hector means I've started going back to the omniplex for an easier ride

Advertisement