Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pizza hut finally comin to galway

Options
  • 20-03-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

noticed yesterday they,ve finally started fittin out our new pizza hut in the wellpark centre.. wont be long till we can enjoy there lovely pizza'a hmmmmmmmm. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

This may seem a silly question, but what kinds of toppings do you have on your pizza in Ireland? Only reason I ask is that I went to London about 10 years ago and they put corn on almost every variety (which I have never seen before).

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

mainly pepperoni,peppers etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

I guess its just London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pizza Hut will definetly make a welcome change from the likes of 4 star and Dominoes.
    ivylooloo wrote:
    This may seem a silly question, but what kinds of toppings do you have on your pizza in Ireland? Only reason I ask is that I went to London about 10 years ago and they put corn on almost every variety (which I have never seen before).

Basically anything you want depending on where you'd order it from. You've the standard Pepperoni, Ham & Mushroom, Ham & Pineapple, but I usually order specific toppings.
    Strangely enough, I've never had corn on anything other than a vegetarian pizza.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

strangely enough i will hate this new pizza place....all my friends will want to go to *pizza hut yay!* but i along with 5 other people in ireland hate pizza.
    pete za hut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sweetcorn is lovely on a pizza. Most places put it on if you ask, some do it on the specials by default too.

Isn't pizza from Pizza Hut utter muck though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Pizza Hut pizza is terrible.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

you gotta see if you can beat my record, 25 slices....

oh yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

ivylooloo wrote:
    This may seem a silly question, but what kinds of toppings do you have on your pizza in Ireland?

Rashers, eggs, sausages and pudding. :D

Seriously though, has anyone tried an Irish Breakfast pizza? I've seen several places that do them. They sound rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Do Pizza Hut still do the 'all you can eat' thing ? how much does it cost ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I like the way you think tusky

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Tusky wrote:
    Do Pizza Hut still do the 'all you can eat' thing ? how much does it cost ?

Yea I hit a pizza hut in London a couple of yrs ago, pizza was pretty good. But thats not important because they had a free drinks refill and this dessert cart yolk you paid £2/3 I think, it was all you could eat. How about that folks?! :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the all you can eat is where i set my record,

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

the all you can eat is where i set my record,

Same here! All you can eat in Pizza hut is what Galway Students need,
    Does anyone know who got the franchise? or who is setting it up?

you'll all die from heart-disease

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not i,i eat fruit instead....25 slices you monster?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Emm ... I'm open to correction, but are you sure it's Pizza Hut (the unit beside Barbarista and Maplins)?

Because that's Eddie Rockets ...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

yeah i heard eddies were openin another restaurant in galway but bout a year ago pizza hut were lookin for staff for a new place ment to be openin in wellpark but nothin happened for ages, then was chattin to a builder and he said it was some pizza joint openin.. hopefully it is pizza hut cause rockets is ****e...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Jammyd wrote:
    yeah i heard eddies were openin another restaurant in galway but bout a year ago pizza hut were lookin for staff for a new place ment to be openin in wellpark but nothin happened for ages, then was chattin to a builder and he said it was some pizza joint openin.. hopefully it is pizza hut cause rockets is ****e...
    BLASPHEMY! Eddie Rockets is one of the best Burger joints you'll find in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭paulcr

FatherTed wrote:
    Pizza Hut pizza is terrible.

I have to agree with this quote.

Like so many things a corporate structure can take something as delicious as pizza and f*** it up.

Small hole in the wall pizza joints are the best in the US, same for burger joints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

The only real pizza on the planet comes from New York and Philadelphia. It's something in the cheese.

I have never had decent pizza in Ireland, snob that I am. The Irish practice of putting sweet corn on pizza... well, it speaks for itself really. Incomprehensible.

Pizza Hut in Galway? My condolences.

Superiority Complex :)

Monroe's tbh.
    Pizza and a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hachidan

you gotta see if you can beat my record, 25 slices....

oh yeah

28 and a half!!
    "All you can eat tuesday" at a pizza hut in Edinburgh. Remember it well, twas the day the first matrix opened. (was late for the film due to the large weight I was carrying in my gut)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

SyxPak wrote:
    You've eeked a laugh out of a pretty horrendous day.

I aim only to serve

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Aye Monroes is the best pizza in Galway that's for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭MissyKiki

Pizza hut is good. Had it in the states. Their bread sticks are crap though. You want an interesting dish, they have a restaurant chain that serves Irish Nachos. I got addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Anna971 wrote:
    Pizza hut is good. Had it in the states. Their bread sticks are crap though. You want an interesting dish, they have a restaurant chain that serves Irish Nachos. I got addicted.

And what exactly are "irish nachos"?

Fried potato and onion with Chef Ketchup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

anyone got a number for them ? fast i'm hungry:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement