Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grabbing currency rates daily for use in your site?

Options
  • 09-06-2001 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anywhere where I could have the scripts on a site take current currency rates from somewhere?

I know www.xe.net/ucc does something like that, but it's $45/pm and I believe they only allow you to customise the appearance of the currency converter that appears on your site, not give the the rates and let you use them as you please.

Would be willing to pay for access to a file with all the rates, and it would have to be something easily parsed by my php. smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

www.xe.com
    Let's you put a hyperlink on your site that pops up a little box with a currency converter in it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ack, no no, I mean something the scripts on my site can TAKE, so I have the rates, so I can do all the calculations myself for whatever currency the user would like.

Like, I want to be given a file with data that says that the rate for USD/IEP is 1.108xx whatever, and so on for a handful of the major currencies...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

not what you're looking for but

1. Newspapers
    2. Financial times ( www.FT.com ) do a stock ticker that you can add to your site free of charge, or desktop, as far as I know they also do a currency reporter.

3. Some online trading sites run a mailing list that will send your selected quotes to you each day via email. If you select a portfolio only dealing in the currencies you are intersted in (you don't have to invest anything) you'd get teh currency rates delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 E-Bear

Hi

First ever post. Got DNTK in my spam tray and came for a look. What do I find - a question I can answer.

I think http://www.infoledge.com/ will have what you're looking for. It's free.

Advertisement