Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celebreties and their cars

Options
  • 20-03-2005 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I am always trying to find out what cars celebreties drive as it gives me a bit more insight into what type of people they are. I am of the school of thought that says the car you drive says a lot about you - so its one of the first things I look for in anyone - but celebreties are so coy about what they drive :mad: (excluding of course Posh & Becks) :rolleyes:

Gay Byrne I know is into cars but only always drove a Vectra - why? :confused:

Do you know the cars any celebs drive - Irish celebs are always more interesting - cars here are more expensive than anywhere else - If I was in Spain I would have a nice Merc SL for myself right now :( - its not such a big deal there to own such cars :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dr.Pain

Hi I know this is slightly unrelated but does anyone know the name of the car that Alex Zane had on MTV Cribs, I always really wanted to find out, i want that car.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Do you know the cars any celebs drive - Irish celebs are always more interesting - cars here are more expensive than anywhere else

Bono was given a Quattroporte by Maserati to test (for 6 months) I don't know if he kept it.
    Edge drives a Mercedes 280 SEC 3.5
    Adam Clayton drives a Citroën SM
    Larry Mullen rides a Harley
    Ronan Keating drives a Continental GT (I think)
    Roy Keane drives a Continental GT
    Eddie Irvine tools around in a 550M and a 360 Spyder when he's home.
    Lisa Stansfield owns an XJ6

I know it is sad (that I have gone to great lengths to research this), but the following celebrities drive or have driven a Citroën DS
    Francis McDormand (of Fargo fame)
    John Wayne
    Carlos Santana
    Leonard Cohen
    Jay Leno
    Billy Joel (he drives a 2CV now)
    Jules Holland (I think he uses a Rover P5 Coupé now)
    Adam Clayton

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Drico drives a D4D Toyota Land Cruiser, or at least he did at the time I read the interview in which he said he did, which was some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cameron Diaz drives a Toyota Prius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I know it is sad (that I have gone to great lengths to research this), but the following celebrities drive or have driven a Citroën DS
    Francis McDormand (of Fargo fame)
    John Wayne
    Carlos Santana
    Leonard Cohen
    Jay Leno
    Billy Joel (he drives a 2CV now)
    Jules Holland (I think he uses a Rover P5 Coupé now)
    Adam Clayton

Jay Leno drives a quite a few different cars I'd imagine he is a total car nut and has a huge collection of classics, customs and hot rods. Including a hot rod powered by a tank engine.
    tb_lenolead-lg-3.jpg
    tb_leno2-lg-2.jpg
    One of broadsheets does a stars and their cars piece from it I found out that Nick Moran (the bloke from Lock Stock) has a reliant scimitar and his comments on it helped me decide to get one.
    nick%20moran%20lock%20stock.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

One of the Sligo branch of Westlife (dunno which one ...and don't really care either) used to have a black Hummer. Probably didn't find it convenient on Sligo roads, as I haven't seen it in a while. There also was a black Ferrari and a yellow TVR (not sure on specific models, sorry) to be seen for a while. All on GB regs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Eddie Irvine had an Audi TT there for a while (before they became gay)

I'd imagine alot of these celebs have bling'd out 22' chrome wheel'd range rovers with tinted windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

528i wrote:
    I'd imagine alot of these celebs have bling'd out 22' chrome wheel'd range rovers with tinted windows.

In drug dealer black of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Searching through google and saw this - I assumed he was talking about his car :o

http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/HotGossip/0,5583,2-1343-1344_1584388,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Bono mainly gets driven around in his Misses' 93 golf 1.4cl.

Unless he's with one of this other bits of fluff i.e. Andrea Corr, in which case its limos and marching powder all the way I suspect.

Apparently The Hedge owns a DS that's been retrofitted with a Maserati engine. You can spot it by the twin exhausts. But he's still a bald twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

magpie wrote:
    Apparently The Hedge owns a DS that's been retrofitted with a Maserati engine. You can spot it by the twin exhausts. But he's still a bald twat.

I'd be surprised. Clayton is the Citroën fan, by all accounts.

<off topic>
    I know of only 1 DS that has the Maserati V6 fitted, and it is in the UK. It is attractive to use this engine as a upgrade to a D because it is smooth and powerful, but also because it spins the right way for the DS gearbox. Very few other engines do. However the amount of structural cutting required to fit the V6, together with even greater cabin intrusion makes it unattractive overall. Not to mention that the DS 4cyl is an incredibly robust unit whereas the Maserati v6, ehhh, isn't. </off topic>

I was almost t-boned by the Edge in his Merc. It is a very beautiful car.

I wouldn't call him a twat. Seems like a decent, unassuming kind of chap. He is bald, but we probably shouldn't hold that against him. It happens to the best of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Gay Byrne I know is into cars but only always drove a Vectra - why? :confused:

Becuase he was paid to. He had a deal with Opel Ireland when Arnold O'Byrne was in charge.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Enya has a Maybach .
    The Citreon seems to be a pool car for U2 as I've seen both Larry and Edge in it , Larry also has a land Rover Defender , RK has Bentley GT (J444 CKS) The reg was also used on his BMW Z8 and a RangRover .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I was almost t-boned by the Edge in his Merc. It is a very beautiful car.

I wouldn't call him a twat. Seems like a decent, unassuming kind of chap. He is bald, but we probably shouldn't hold that against him. It happens to the best of us.
    I've seen him in that merc too.

He gets my respect because unlike other people with more money than they'll ever spend, he or his bandmates aren't driving around in gold-plated stretched hummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

John Rocha, celeb-designer type did have an ML55 AMG in Black, but so does the bloke who owns the video shop near me. I've seen the freakishly long eyebrowed one from Westlife in the UK Reg 360 near Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Arnie has a hummer, wouldnt mind one myself .... with a faster engine under the hood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

About 10 years ago now, I saw Ronan Keating driving a silver Peugeot 406 coupe
    dossier_tete.jpg

Also around the same time I saw Mike Murphy with an early 80's Mercedes 280 or 300 like this one as far as I remember.
    mercedes_280se.jpg

Gerry Ryan used to have a dark Xedos 6 around the same time
    mazda-xedos-6.jpg

Of course Bono had that classic silver Jaguar (MK II I think), don't know if he still has it or not.
    jag01.jpg

About The Edge, I would definitely say that in my experience he is the least "showbiz" of any celebrity I have encountered. He seems to be a genuinely decent chap. Unassuming is definitely the right word.

Bono's Jag was BRG .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Was it? Just shows how my memory is going now lol! Could have sworn it was silver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

gordon darcy drives an X5 black
    mal o kelly drives a mondeo
    andy from 6 drives a new beetle

• Advertisement

Yeah , I nearly took his door ( and his arm) off outside Roly's Bistro .

Louis Walsh has a Maybach also .. Jason Byrne drives a Golf and Brian mc Fatten has a BMW B3 on UK plates .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gatster wrote:
    John Rocha, celeb-designer type did have an ML55 AMG in Black, but so does the bloke who owns the video shop near me. I've seen the freakishly long eyebrowed one from Westlife in the UK Reg 360 near Sandyford
    I saw him parking that on Sunday in Donnybrook - squeezed beside a parked car and halfway up a kerb beside a tree.

No wonder he bought a 4x4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Who on earth is Andy from 6? Who (and why) on earth are 6?

Advertisement