Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Mac usage figures

Options
  • 19-06-2001 2:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone able to help? I'd like a percentage of Irish web users that are on a Mac and what browsers they're using - standard sort of stuff curlydav.gif

Thanks in advance!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

If I were you, I'd start a new topic with a more general question. A survey based here will be biased towards Mac users (more likely to read the topic, and perhaps more likely to reply).

If you want "a percentage of Irish web users that are on a Mac and what browsers they're using" ask something like "What OS/Browser are you running?"... this will give you a more accurate proportion. This topic title will skew your sample space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I don't think that he is actually trying to do a survey. More looking for a link to actual statistics...

And in reply to the actual post, sorry don't have any frown.gif

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I dont know anywhere to get it for irish mac users but netscape has it somewhere on a global scale.

Of course a good place to try and find it is netscape.com

Sorry not much more help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Verb:
    I don't think that he is actually trying to do a survey. More looking for a link to actual statistics...</font>
    Unfortunately for my helpful comments, they seem to be misdirected. I thought you wanted to run a survey. Whoops. smile.gif

David

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's defo be a help Logeroo!

Thanks so far guys - I'll try looking for that on netscape.com - cheers damnyanks.

It's not a survey I'm running - but I can see how it may come across as that curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I could find out the stats for you for certain ISPs in the UK kharn. I'm sure the ratio is probably comparable to Ireland if that's any use?

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Ummm... Iceman uses a mac for the net, I think he's probably the only one... wink.gif

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

Advertisement