Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vitalic - Ok Cowboy

• 20-03-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

get it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 trebor81

When is it released? Can't wait for this - have most of his stuff on vinyl but looking forward to being able to play it on CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yes indeed it's a good one. I like how Valletta Fanfares keeps building up, and you're expecting it to burst into mayhem like in the original Fanfares, but instead it just ends. :D

I think the album is out at the start of April in France, the end of April in the rest of the world.

The single, My Friend Dario, is out on April 4th with a remix by Vitalic's alterego, Dima.

My Friend Dario is good enough, but not as good as Fanfares or La Rock of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

The annoying thing is Vitalic is only just getting released, and im all ready growing tired of his sound. That heavy pounding baseline is present in most of his songs and is really the only thing that give them their power and they all follow a familliar format. Don't get me wrong i love his sound at the moment but its a question of how long will its appeal last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

well hes been around for the last 4 years at least and had fairly big success in that time, so its lasted that long anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The annoying thing is Vitalic is only just getting released, and im all ready growing tired of his sound. That heavy pounding baseline is present in most of his songs and is really the only thing that give them their power and they all follow a familliar format. Don't get me wrong i love his sound at the moment but its a question of how long will its appeal last.

Believe it or not the album as a whole sounds quite different to the tracks that have already been released, la rock, oney part 1, fanfares etc. It is very diverse and they are the most 'pounding' tracks on the album.

If you ar an evil warez monkey like myself it is already released.

• Advertisement

Some of the non-typical Vitalic tracks are among the best on the album, like "The Past".

His remix of Cish Cash by Basement Jaxx is very good too.

I've uploaded a good quality MP3 of his session at Maida Vale for the John Peel show on Radio 1 from December last year.

http://eirways.com/vitalicmp3/Vitalic%20-%20Peel%20Session%2022.12.2004.mp3 (45.2MB)

I'll have to watch the bandwidth on this, mightn't be up there for too long.

Source: Digital Radio -> Mini Disc -> MPC -> MP3

He's introduced at the start by Rob Da Bank.

The tracklist is:
    Poney Part 1 (Live Version)
    My Friend Dario
    You Prefer Cocaine (Live Version)
    Basement Jaxx - Cish Cash (Vitalic Remix)
    Fanfares
    Newman
    Daniel Miller - Warm Leatherette (Vitalic Remix)
    La Rock 01 (Live Version)
    Crash Course In Science - Cardboard Lamb (Vitalic Remix)
    My Friend Dario (Encore)

His remix of Cardboard Lamb is unreleased. The Warm Leatherette cover/remix will be a B-side to the My Friend Dario single I think. The versions of Poney, La Rock and You Prefer Cocaine are also unreleased.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

ta Plazz! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭monkeyman

Nice one. Must give it a listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

went to see him live at electric city the other week, better than the chems he was!

has any one got the pony ep up for sale?? or know anywhere i can get it, its sheer quality!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭zafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ive been listening to the album constantly, it gets better on repeated listens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

zafa wrote:

its is actually!!

its out of stock on that site!!

If anyone can find it PLEASE let me know i've been looking for ages!

Vitalic's new promo video (his first ever) for My Friend Dario is now up at

www.vitalicokcowboy.com

Advertisement