Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB with Belkin ADSL modem & wireless router

• 20-03-2005 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have experience with IOLBB+ and the Belkin adsl modem & wireless router (model # F5D7632uk4)? The wireless network works fine but I can't seem to connect to the internet. There are no firmware updates for it on Belkins website.

Here are some screenshots of the modem settings here and here.

Also is it ok not to use a filter and just plug directly into the phone socket?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Try taking out the Dial-on-demand option.
    Also see this thread.

Cheers,
    JP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

JoyPad wrote:
    Try taking out the Dial-on-demand option.
    Also see this thread
    Thanks for the reply Joypad. However, my problem is different to the one in the linked thread as I can't connect to the internet in the first place.

Anyone know a possible solution?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I have the exact same problem with a Belkin wireless router. Couldn't get it to connect either.

My solution was to connect to IOLBB with the supplied Zyxel modem, and connect this to one of the ports on the router with a standard network cable. The wireless router then shares out the BB connection. It's not as tidy as a single router but it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

jor el wrote:
    I have the exact same problem with a Belkin wireless router. Couldn't get it to connect either.

My solution was to connect to IOLBB with the supplied Zyxel modem, and connect this to one of the ports on the router with a standard network cable. The wireless router then shares out the BB connection. It's not as tidy as a single router but it works.
    Cheers for the reply, jor el.

Doesn't seem the ideal solution. Anyone have an idea what to do with it before I bring it back to Dixons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

On the first pic you posted, the DSL status says CONNECTED.
    However, you didn't get the IP from them, and that's why you can't browse.
    I still believe your modem is okay, but something is dodgy in the configuration that prevents PPPoE from functioning properly.

There's another alternative to jorel's solution, described by BigP in this thread. You might want to contact him for details on how to do it yourself.

Cheers,
    JP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

OK, my F5D7632uk4 has been working for months on the exact same settings as the topic creator. But yesterday, for no reason(I didn't touch the settings in days) my internet stops functioning and Jilm's problem arises. Does anyone know how to fix this yet or where I can download the orignal firmware? I've been trying everything.

Also, why the **** haven't Belkin updated the firmware for this router? I had to downgrade the wireless drivers on my new laptop just to get it to connect properly............... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So if anyone knows where I can find modded/orignal firmware...this is driving me mad :mad:

Edit: OK........I wacked it a few times and it seems to be working! :eek:

Advertisement