Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric heli...

• 20-03-2005 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im just looking into helis, I have no experience with them but would like to get a small indoor/outdoor in calm conditions electric heli...

What is the best one and what has cheap available parts?

If I was buying one I would be looking to buy the heli, motor and gyro to start with as I have everything else needed, i think! I assume my kontronik sun 4001 will work..

So does anyone know where I can get a cheap electric heli?

Hakko

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

does anyone know where I can get a cheap electric heli?Hakko
    Depends on what you consider to be cheap ... :)
    They cost most here, where advice/knowledge backup is in the price, slightly less in UK where tel call backup is what U get, and by the time U go to China, I expect they cost hardly anything at all (hope they actually ship it !).

Being a heli, U should plan on needing backup. And spare bits too.

Your 4001 controller has enough capacity to fly a Logo 10 Easy, at a weight of 2 kgs, in a convincing way. So anything under that weight is a contender.

The Logo is a full outdoor heli, with the heli chassis coming at about €300, the engine, gyro, servos are separates, like any other model plane.

The Twister, Piccolo, and all the "speed 300" helis are indoor helis, and will not use your speed controller, as they have a circuit board on which is speed controller and gyro combined. They are €250-300 for everything, which includes a radio, charger, battery, and the heli. They are good toy helis, and suit indoors quite well. They would be the cheapest option. It is true that these helis can hit the wall, and not break anything in many instances of this kind of flying mistake.

Advertisement