Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband areas!

• 20-03-2005 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Where would you find the list that will tell where and when the next areas due for rollout are? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Good work posting a malicous link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

What? where? why? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Giblet wrote:
    Good work posting a malicous link!

What malicous link? :confused: I didnt post up any link there! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

What malicous link? :confused: I didnt post up any link there! :mad:
    Probably a post between yours and Giblet's which was then deleted by a mod instead of being edited (as it should be to avoid confusion and to reveal the culprit).

ah that makes sense allright! Didn't see Giblet's post! So anyone any ideas where to find this info?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Galway .

Carna
    Carraroe

By next week.

Claregalway
    Portumna
    Oughterard
    Mountbellew
    Ardrahan
    Ballyglunin

By End June

there are others due for upgrade after June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I am Man banned for a fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Where did you get that spongebob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Portumna, cool...i'll have bb when i move back home :D

Local media mainly . They tend to avoid the national media with their latest rollout announcements because their plan for the next year will take us from 220 to 420 exchanges , about a third of all exchanges in the country .

The national list (all to be done by end March 2006 IIRC) is linked in this thread as a scan of an ad that Smart panicked Eircom into running 2 months back. I have never seen the full list anywhere else.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224468

HTH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

Hi i'm from Carnmore and have been wanting to get broadband for the past 3 years!
    I am on the oranmore Exchange that is broadband enabled for a long time already but i am too far to pass the line quality test, so ADSL is not an option for me.

I then researched for Wireless and IBB (Irish Broadband) where rolling out two transmitters in Ballybrit and Tonubrucky for the first quater of 2005. I applied back in December and only got word from them two weeks ago that Tonabruky went live before Ballybrit. Initally the sales man said Ballybrit was to go live at the end of January. I was not impressed with this mistake as I had alot of other people from my area also signing up.

Is there anyone out there that know of someone using IBB in Galway.

ah fcuk thats brilliant news! I live few miles away from mountbellew and I work there as well! Damn fine news I will be able to download in work!HA HA HA HA HA! It wont take a lot to convince my boss to get broadband in work! Excellent news!

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Galway .

Carna
    Carraroe

By next week.

Claregalway
    Portumna
    Oughterard
    Mountbellew
    Ardrahan
    Ballyglunin

By End June

there are others due for upgrade after June

Where did you find out that broadband will be in Mountbellew next week?

Where did you find out that broadband will be in Mountbellew next week?

BY END JUNE !!!!! ffs :(
    puma5 wrote:
    Is there anyone out there that know of someone using IBB in Galway.

Nobody anywhere in Galway has IBB
    because the service is apparently not available even if you live in Tonabrocky (if tell you them you do you will get yet another excuse from IBB ) , only Leap and Budget whose website is Com1 are live . Also see if you can get Eircom FWA off the Mervue mast or try the Irishwan model and relay from Oranmore or from near Oranmore .

I was called two weeks ago from them that they got my order mixed up and they where installing people on the Breeze packages that week, as the Tonabrucky mast went live the 3rd or 4th of March. But I am no where near Tonabrucky.

Thanks for the info. can you get full internet access on IrishWAN or is it just like a massive LAN?

Sponge Bob wrote:
    BY END JUNE !!!!! ffs :(

Nobody anywhere in Galway has IBB
    because the service is apparently not available even if you live in Tonabrocky (if tell you them you do you will get yet another excuse from IBB ) , only Leap and Budget whose website is Com1 are live . Also see if you can get Eircom FWA off the Mervue mast or try the Irishwan model and relay from Oranmore or from near Oranmore .

Sponge Bob are you from the Mountbellew area?

DSL Deployment 2005-2006 (180 confirmed sites) 20 or so TO BE CONFIRMED
    A
    ABBEYLEIX
    ABBEYDORNEY
    ACHILL SOUND
    ACLARE
    ADARE
    ANNAGARY
    ARDARA
    ARDFERT
    ARDRAHAN
    ARVAGH
    ASKEATON
    AUGHRIM
    AVOCA
    B
    BALLINAGH
    BALLINALEE
    BALLINHASSIG
    BALLINSPITTLE
    BALLINTRA
    BALLIVOR
    BALLYBOGHIL
    BALLYCARNEY
    BALLYCONNELL
    BALLYCULLANE
    BALLYDEHOB
    BALLYFARNAN
    BALLYGARRET
    BALLYGLUNIN
    BALLYHAUNIS
    BALLYHEIGE
    BALLYMACELLIGOTT
    BALLYMOTE
    BALLYRAGGET
    BALLYSPILLANE
    BALLYVARY
    BALTINGLASS
    BANSHA
    BELTURBET
    BENNETTSBRIDGE
    BERRINGS
    BLIARY
    BORRIS
    BRIDGE END
    BRITTAS
    BRITTAS BAY BRIDGE
    BROADFORD
    BRUFF
    BUNCLODY
    BUTTEVANT
    C
    CAHIRCIVEEN
    CALLAN
    CAMPILE
    CARLINGFORD
    CARNEW
    CARRICK
    CARRIGNAVAR
    CASTLEBELLINGHAM
    CASTLECONNELL
    CASTLEDERMOT
    CASTLEFINN
    CASTLELYONS
    CASTLESHANE
    CLAREGALWAY
    CLARINA
    CLERISTOWN
    CLOGHEEN
    CLONTIBRET
    COACHFORD
    COLLON
    COLLOONEY
    CORROFIN
    COSTELLO
    CROOKSTOWN
    CROSSMOLINA
    CURRAGH CAMP
    D
    DAINGEAN
    DELVIN
    DONADEA
    DOON
    DRIMOLEAGUE
    DROMAHAIR
    DRUMLISH
    DRUMSHANBO
    DUNCANNON
    DUNFANAGHY
    DUNKINEELY
    DUNLEER
    DURRUS
    E
    EASKY
    EDGEWORTHSTOWN
    ELPHIN
    F
    FALCARRAGH
    FERBANE
    FOXFORD
    FOYNES
    G
    GEASHILL
    GLASSAN
    GLENNAMADDY
    GLENTIES
    GRENAGH
    H
    HOLYCROSS
    I
    INCH ST. LAWRENCE
    INVER
    INVERAN
    J
    JENKINSTOWN
    JOHNSTOWN
    K
    KILBEGGAN
    KILBRITTAIN
    KILCARN
    KILLALA
    KILLALOE
    KILLANN
    KILLAVULLEN
    KILLEAGH
    KILLENAULE
    KILLERISK
    KILMACTHOMAS
    KILMALLOCK
    KILMEADEN
    KILMINCHY
    KINGSCOURT
    KINNEGAD
    KNOCK
    KNOCKCROGHERY
    L
    LISDOONVARNA
    LISMORE
    LITTLETON
    M
    MANORHAMILTON
    MILFORD
    MILLSTREET
    MOONCOIN
    MOUNTBELLEW
    MOUNTRATH
    MOVILLE
    MOYCULLEN
    MULLAGH
    N
    NEWMARKET-ON-FERGUS
    NEWPORT
    NEWTOWN CUNNINGHAM O
    OLDCASTLE
    OMEATH
    OULART
    OYLGATE
    P
    PALLAS GREEN
    PASSAGE EAST
    PEDLAR'S CROSS
    PORTLAW
    PORTUMNA
    R
    RAMELTON
    RAVENSDALE
    RIVERSTICK
    RIVERSTOWN (Tipp)
    RIVERSTOWN (Sligo)
    ROCHFORTBRIDGE
    ROOSKEY
    ROSS CARBERRY
    ROSSLARE STRAND
    S
    SCARRIFF
    SCOTSTOWN
    SHANAGOLDEN
    SHINRONE
    SIXMILEBRIDGE
    SMITHBOROUGH
    SPIDDAL
    STRADBALLY
    STRADONE
    STRAFFAN
    STRANDHILL
    STROKESTOWN
    T
    TALLOW
    TAMNEY
    TARA
    TARBERT
    TEERANEA
    TINAHELY
    TOBERCURRY
    TOMHAGGARD
    V
    VIRGINIA
    W
    WATERGRASSHILL
    WATERVILLE
    WELLINGTON BRIDGE

God thats a long list! Where did you source that list of locations? Makes very intersting reading! Mountbellew is only 4 or 5 mins away from me and not a mention in to world about us getting broadband! DAMN IT ANYWAY! gues il have full use of it in work anyhow when it gets to Mountbellew!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Eircom site, 'latest news' at bottom , go to feb news and its in there , cannot link the POS sorry.

eircom.ie or eircom.net?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

makes it even worse when your town isnt there :mad:

ya sure does! It makes me so fcukn damn mad that a town only a few minutes away is getting it and were not! I was told by eircom that we should have it by june / july but as usual with eircom you might as well hold your breath and hope for the best and that your wishes will come through real soon!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

makes it even worse when your town isnt there :mad:

Try being in a large town with a population of about 7000 ("We have now delivered on our promise to bring the technology to every town in Ireland with a population over 1,500"), and your exchange isn't enabled, but another one in the town is.

"Eircom. There's no stopping you, except us."

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Does anyone out there know when the carrigtwohill exchange is going to be enabled. Depending on who you get on eircom sales the answer can vary from this month to "it's not on any list I have here"
    What is the best number to call to get that info ?

Thanks,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

i mean im 3mins by car away from the nearest enabled line where i live isnt bogger land nomore got tesco express loads of new shops like 5000+ new houses in the area its madness i am on the exchange but im to far away from it so why dont they boost it up to me gaff they said my line would probably pass if the service is extended out my way they might be on to it as i have being getting great dial up speeds lately 48-50k :eek:

I found this on www.alvarion.com worth a look:

Press Releases
    23 March 2005
    Irish Broadband To Expand Its Network With $4.3 Million Of Alvarion Equipment
    Ireland’s Leading Wireless Broadband Provider Services Dublin Market using WiMAX-ready Products
    Tel-Aviv, Israel, March 23, 2005 - Alvarion Ltd. (NASDAQ: ALVR), the world’s leading provider of wireless broadband solutions and specialized mobile networks, today announced the receipt of follow-on orders valued at more than $4.3 million from Irish Broadband, Ireland’s leading wireless broadband service provider, mainly for its license-exempt product, BreezeACCESS™ VL, and as well for BreezeMAX™ 3500, its WiMAX-ready platform, and WALKair™ products, to be deployed during the coming year.

There in allot more then this go to: http://www.alvarion.com/RunTime/CorpInf_30130.asp?fuf=510&type=item

For more info.

Also I got a Coverage map for the Ballybaan Transmitter for Galway City.

It shows only 60 degrees of coverage over Galway city but they will be expanding to full 360 Degrees in a few months but if more people are interested they will expand further, That means calling them and signing up!
    Will email to anyone interested in the Galway area including the County.

I would recommend going for IBB or any other Broadband ISP that does not rely on eircoms networks. With this in mind and VoIP software you can get rid of you expensive line rentals and extra charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

Last Friday (25/3/04) I asked Eircom via their website why Carrigtwohill was not included in the towns with a population above 1500 which they stated would automaticaly be included in the broadband roll out. I'll let you know what their response (if any is).

I think the problem is that they only included part of the population when they read the census, as it shows the population was 2030 in 2002 and was 1771 in 1996. Rather than just over 1400 as they seem to think.......

A copy of the census is available at
    http://www.cso.ie/census/documents/vol1_entire.pdf on pages 38 & 39 split across 3 entries "Carrigtwohill", "Environs of Midleton - Carrigtohill", "Cork suburbs - Carrigtohill"

Maybe if as many people as possible from Carrig ring Eircom every day they will get so fed up answering them that they will install broad band just to get rid of us.

I always thought that the population of Carrightwohill has been more than 1500 for the last few years and I find it very annoying (to put it nicely) that we have been left out because Eircom didn't read the census in detail........ I wonder how many other places have the same problem???

Willie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yay Rochfortbridge is on there.. will be in my new house there in June so will have to wait a while but at least i know its on the way. Will miss my BB esat connection when i move from palmerstown (with 20ms pings :D:D )

Advertisement