Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Paddys day parades

Options
  • 20-03-2005 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Did anyone go to one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

At the Drogheda one.

"Oh look, theres a shed on the back of a lorry. Oh look, theres another one. Oh, was that a shed on the back of a lorry?" :D In fairness it wasn't bad this year and the kids were impressed. The funniest bit though was that everyone left because they thought it was finished, but 10 minutes later along comes the rest of the parade. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I think the Dublin one was a show...get it :P

The dublin one didnt impress me at all.
    Other than that i stayed at home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭jack shictt

i was going to go to the dundalk one, but the ideas of jippos beating each other up and stabbings arent my idea of a parade. i heard the guards where in this years one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

jippos beating each other up and stabbings arent my idea of a parade
    i was playing music at the navan one last year, and the gig was called off because there were no fewer than three stabbings around the town between midday and 3pm. now all offlicences have to close during the parade, but the lovely people of navan drink on their own streets, with the kids. what a great town, great community. old men who still think elvis sideburns are in fashion... wc or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

upmeath wrote:
    but the lovely people of navan drink on their own streets
    Proper order. I'd be all on for a party in the back garden if only the weather was better.

• Advertisement

proper order? navan is lawless. it's actually going to develop into the biggest kip this country will ever see. it's where knacker, commuter, bogger, pure hillbilly and junkie all meet in anarchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

upmeath wrote:
    it's where knacker, commuter, bogger, pure hillbilly and junkie all meet in anarchy
    Surely you mean UCD here?
    I know what you mean though - meath in general is a hole. I try as much as I can not to mix with any of the indiginous yokels though, but its hard.

it's not really... you can't put a bad word in for dunshaughlin, slane, ashbourne, summerhill, oldcastle, nobber, bettystown, laytown, mornington, kilmessan, ratoath, anywhere! only certain parts of the big towns like trim and kells are no-go areas, but i must say that navan and athboy are absolute eyesores of towns. not for the outsider, let's just say. they're clanny and riddled with drugs and crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

didnt go into the one in Oldcastle, i heard there wasnt much. Something like the FCA marching..err girl guides from the town, and oh dont forget the 5 or 6 tractors and the lorries from Millbrook foods :)

sounds great :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hours and hours* of fun for all the family. :)

*hour=10 seconds approx

yeah like an hour in the lifetime of a rapidly reproducing, rapidly dying bacteria! like this green guy---> :D

Advertisement