Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Testing in Central Dublin

Options
  • 20-03-2005 8:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I found a few live cellsites yesterday , shows as IRL-05 on my phone (it is a 3G phone :) ) . There is some hope at last.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Slightly off topic.
    They have call and sms charges on their site now.

€1/min for a call.
    €0.25 per SMS.

Think that's a bit much!

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

There have been several reports of testing ....

The call charges are not the call charges that will be applied at launch. At launch expect some good high usage contract packages with loads of minutes included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Slightly off topic.
    They have call and sms charges on their site now.

€1/min for a call.
    €0.25 per SMS.

Think that's a bit much!

ambrose :cool:
    They also say on the site that these prices will probably change the minute they open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

any word yet on a ballpark launch?

want to move off vodafone... very sick of their prices and trying to decide whom to move to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have picked up Three from Blackrock all the way across the south of the city to Leopadardstown, down the M50 towards Tallaght and in Dundrum as well.. Not been getting anything in the city centre for nearly a year now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Akula wrote:
    any word yet on a ballpark launch?

CPW says 3 will launch between June and July this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

Fungus wrote:
    CPW says 3 will launch between June and July this year.

That's good news, more the better I say !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

Any more news on this is it still looking like June/July

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would be looking forward if they were bringing something new other than just lower prices.. I suspect they are not going to offer much better rates than Meteor so thats a meh. Their handset line up pretty much stinks too so there is little for me to get excited about on that front either.. I was excited about them launching about 2 years ago but that was the geek in me wanting to play with a new toy.. That passed 6 months ago when Vodafone launched so there is nothing really to look forward to for me..

Advertisement