Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stylesheets help

Options
  • 06-07-2001 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I need to learn how to use CSS for my site. I'm getting kind of sick of frames. Can any of ye recommend any good books or sites that might help me.

Thanks. smile.gif

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Zee Dude

This is another good site, good examples,

http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

CSS and frames are not interchangeable... style sheets are not a replacement for frames,- they do something completely different.

Anyway, if you're looking specifically for a book, the O'Reilly HTML book (green/white with an animal - koala bear, I think- on the cover) has an excellent CSS reference in the back.

Alternatively, check out sites like www.webmonkey.com , www.wdvl.com , www.w3c.org and those mentioned by Enygma and Zee Dude above.

If you're just looking to get rid of frames, CSS is not what you're after. Try learning about and using Server-Side Includes instead.

Hope this helps.

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I wasn't looking to learn CSS just to replace frames. It's just that frames is about as advanced as my site gets and I want to make it better. Thanks for the links and the book I think I know which one you're on about.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 06-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

The tuorials over at http://www.w3schools.com are pretty good

Advertisement