Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chinese food

Options
  • 20-03-2005 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

normally which chinese restaurant do you go ?what do u think about chinese dishes ?actually ,i am so interested in knowing about solution of these questions! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

gilbert wrote:
    normally which chinese restaurant do you go ?what do u think about chinese dishes ?actually ,i am so interested in knowing about solution of these questions! :rolleyes:

used to get food outta kings in raheny till my missus found glass and a bit of hard clear plastic in her chow meinmad.gif. theres ones in raheny i eat out of now thinks its actually called raheny chinese takeaway or some orgininal name like that.

their hot and sour soup is EXCELLENT and their beef curry with egg fried rice is EXCELLENT as well but their prawn crackers are a bit soggy at times

.............................................jesus im hungry now im off to ring me a pizzabiggrin.gif

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love the food in Wongs in Ranelagh! But it is a bit expensive. When I'm not feeling flush I get food from our local in Rathgar called 'Tasty Chinese Restaurant' which is good apart from its prawn toast which is a bit bluegh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Usually Charlies in Westmoreland St. I rarely eat at my local Chinese takeaway (China House, Firhouse) because it's *really* bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

lol I know the China House.. weren't they responsible for a few 'missing' dogs a while back;)

I go to Mars on Richmond St. it is teh sex for Kung Po Chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I order in from Kim Qui (think that's it's name) in Summerhill.. It's not too bad, the soup's a bit gloopy..

Before I lived in Dublin, I used to regularly go to the Cherry Blossom in Greystones. That is a top notch Chinese takeaway.. No. 9A, S&S Chicken, Cantonese style.. Yum Yum pig's bum!

K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Before I lived in Dublin, I used to regularly go to the Cherry Blossom in Greystones. That is a top notch Chinese takeaway.. No. 9A, S&S Chicken, Cantonese style.. Yum Yum pig's bum!
    Agreed, and Grace's Garden in Shankill above Brady's pub is pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Orchard court in Bray is one to look up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Is Orchard Court nice? I think i tried it once, wasn't too impressed. I usually go over to the Jasmine House. Singapore Noodle with a portion of curry sauce, excellent.

Also at a more downmarket place in Bray - Jades Garden, you can get Chicken With O.K sauce which is the business. Never seen it anywhere else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My two favourites are:

Fans Cantonese restraunt on Dame Street (they do a lunch buffet style thingy for 12 Euro)

and

Thai Orchid in Ballsbridge around the corner from the Israeli embassy- god the smell of the food cooking there as I walk past it, is to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭sailorboy

choices in the village mate
    upstairs loads of room and good food. not the cheapest but worth the price.
    anyone ever go there on here?
    id like to know if you like the grub...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

sailorboy wrote:
    choices in the village mate
    upstairs loads of room and good food. not the cheapest but worth the price.
    anyone ever go there on here?
    id like to know if you like the grub...

The mad thing about Choices is that the takeaway food is horrible, but the restaurant food is lovely .... The same with the China House in Firhouse!!

In navan, I love the food from the Mandarin [Takeaway & eating in] ... nyom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Yummi Chinese on Clonskeagh Rd. really nice food, fast and very reasonable! Can't complain!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jetsetter

Scent Garden over Comans in Rathgar do greeeeeaaat chinese, and their early bird goes on most of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

New Century on Harts Corner Dub 9=yummy, Glasnevin Chinese Takeaway=muck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EI-A320

i usually go for the "Regal Court" in cabinteely village. they have so much and if there is something you want thats not there they'll make it for you. not too expensive either...

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Yep Fans Chinese restaurant on Dame Street all u can eat lunch buffet €12 (used to be a tenner last year booohooo), grand to go for a long lunch on Friday if u can.

Kingsland on Dame Street was good but it's closed down now, dunno if it's gonna open back up or wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

The Flaming Wok in Clane in kildare is really good. They've a nice sit down restaurant and then a take-away next door. The food is the restaurant is excellent and the take away is the best I've ever had. The char sui is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

The best chinese food I have ever had in dublin is in the China Room on Moore St, its a small cafe/restaurant over a shop called Homelands opposite the side entrance to the ilac centre, the place itself is very low rent, no frills but the food is absolutely excellent, everything I have tried on the menu is very prepared and the portions are huge, the price is great too, you can get a starter, a main with rice and a drink for under a tenner!!!

I've reccomended it to lots of people and they all agree, try it!! it's well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Debyaka

There is a chinese take-away on manor street called canton city,
    I have been getting food from them for years now,
    The shredded crispy fillet of beef is fantastic and i've never had cantonese duck that is better then theirs..
    Its worth checking out if your in the D7 area..

Oh and there is a small restaurant down the road from that called shangri-la, as far as i know the owner of canton city is a relative of the guy who owns this place and the food is similar if you fancy sitting in to eat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Concentrated

Burago wrote:
    The Flaming Wok in Clane in kildare is really good. They've a nice sit down restaurant and then a take-away next door. The food is the restaurant is excellent and the take away is the best I've ever had. The char sui is great!
    Have to agree, they have a sister operation in Lucan, and its the best one in Lucan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Yep Fans Chinese restaurant on Dame Street all u can eat lunch buffet €12 (used to be a tenner last year booohooo), grand to go for a long lunch on Friday if u can.

Kingsland on Dame Street was good but it's closed down now, dunno if it's gonna open back up or wha?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but what happened to Kingsland on Dame street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Silks in Malahide is superb. Pricey though. The nearest decent takeaway to me in Wongs in Clontarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Randy Taylor

Also at a more downmarket place in Bray - Jades Garden, you can get Chicken With O.K sauce which is the business. Never seen it anywhere else.

Davey Devil, I must disagree - Jades Garden is amazing. Best 4-in-1 in Bray. Also for a quick cheap meal I cannot recommend the chicken balls with a portion of curry sauce for dipping and sipping.

Actually, no that's exactly what I'd do. ****.

Milanos down the beach is class as well. They do a quality kebab in a tray. Haven't had the pizza yet but me mate Kev says they're savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Crossman

One of my favorite chinese dishes is wonton soup. Im not exactly sure how to make it, but it is delicious! Im sure theres a recipie on the internet somewhere.

Advertisement