Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCART Control Doesn't Work

Options
  • 20-03-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

My Sky+ Box won't turn the TV from standby to ON and switch to AV when it's turned on. I have checked and SCART Control is ON in the menu. Anyone know what this might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are they supposed to?
    My regular digibox doesn't do that, I have to press TV on the Sky Remote then zero and then back twice and then the Sky button. Is there an easier way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

depends on the make of the tv but some will only switch to av when they are on

also some will only allow scart control through a particular scart socket. my panasonic will only switch when the digibox is connected to av1

one thing to check is that the scart lead you have has all 21 pins wired up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

My box if the TV is on will tune to AV but it wont tun the TV on or off. I have counted the pins on the SCART lead and I can only see 20 pins; should there be 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

what make is your telly?
    read the manual for your telly to see if this feature is available.
    does it work when any other equipment is connected to that SCART socket (in the telly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

The sky box is not supposed to be able to turn the TV on when it (the skybox) comes out of standby. That would be intrinsicly bad - suppose you were recording something at night and the TV came on at a blaring volume. Or suppose you were recording the playboy channel one evening when the inlaws were around.... bad buzz.
    What *should* happen though is that if you have the TV on, and then you turn on the Sky box, the tv should go to AV to display the sky box.
    should there be 21?
    the outside metal connector is the 21st pin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement