Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who owns the code for the drop down menus up above????

Options
  • 06-07-2001 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I wish to borrow it, please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You may find this useful, Baz_

Cheers,

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think it's Taliesin unless he sold it to boards.ie. Actually now that I think about it it's probably spinsol.

[This message has been edited by musician (edited 07-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

Or Brainjar has some similar scripts, the webreference once is probably better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Bard, just a quick note on opera and that drop down menu system, it actually works fine in opera in *nix, but not Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Opera 5.11, win98se (ick) smile.gif
    Menus work fine

Menus a little bit broken in previous versions of opera, didn't appear in the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

I know the webreference one pretty well because I've used it on a couple of sites.

I had a problem with it appearing in the wrong place when using netscape 4.

The problem could have been fixed by putting topmargin="0" etc.. into the <body> tag in the case of netscape 4, but I didn't want to do that because it is illegal XHTML 1.0 - yes I know it is a bit freaky but I like my HTML legal ;-)

Anyway you can modify the code to place the menu in a different position depending on which browser is being used.

e.g. add this to HM_Arrays.js

if ((navigator.appName == "Netscape")&&(navigator.appVersion.substring(0,1)=="4")) {
    // Detect Netscape 4.x
    top = 8;
    left = 8;
    }

If that didn't come out right just look at the Javascript used on purplepages.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

hrm... seems to be dodgy in opera tho'... darn

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

Advertisement