Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website needs criticism

Options
  • 06-07-2001 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

its not really criticism i'm looking for... but ways to improve this site... i didnt design it, but i need to make a new one of similar design for a branch off company, and i need ideas
    new colour scheme any suggestinos
    new images
    new links... should i scrap the whole design and start from fresh?
    could i give it a background or what?

http://www.broadbay.net/

[This message has been edited by Illkillya (edited 06-07-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I dunno, I kinda like it! (well done). I like the flash, it loads quick. companies dig the white background thing, and not too much graphics. They always go for the faster loading site. What I like about this site is that it's simple, yet effective. It doesn't look like it was created by a newbie, yet it's design is far from complex.

It's kinda like walking in to a mobile phone shop. They always look class, clean, and full of empty space. They are not cluttered with irrelevant rubbish, which can often take away from the purpose/pizzazz of the store in the first place. They are designed to look classy using this technique. This site attracts me in the same way.

Sorry for taking the philosophical approach. Tis a nice site; don’t change the design unless adding more content ruins it.

:-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I think it works, the animation is nice. The Telecomunications title below it could be better defined though, but thats a small point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illkillya:
    its not really criticism i'm looking for... but ways to improve this site... i didnt design it, but i need to make a new one of similar design for a branch off company, and i need ideas
    new colour scheme any suggestinos
    new images
    new links... should i scrap the whole design and start from fresh?
    could i give it a background or what?
    </font>

Hmm, if I was you, I'd start over. It's a good site already, but my guess is that you'll find it very annoying to be just editing someone elses design.

If you do end up using the current design, I'd move the coloured rollover text to the left hand side - there's plenty of whitespace there and it would be easier to read.

-Ross

[This message has been edited by beaver (edited 10-07-2001).]

Advertisement