Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom in Moving Pole mystery (alternative title:eircom win excuse originality award)

Options
  • 21-03-2005 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Poseted to the IoffL site, but anonymously....
    i applied to eircom in spetember for a phone line, they arranged a date for connection and on the due date an engineer arrived. he asked me where the line entered the house, i didnt know where. he had a quick look and informed me that i couldnt have a phone line as " the pole mustive been moved" i live 3 miles from drogheda on the slane road

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

All the constant Eircom bashing in this forum is getting very silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Surely that was warranted if they're giving customers such ridiculous excuses? The only thing that I'm unsure of is the authenticity of the source (which is why I highlighted it was an anonymous posting), but I've experienced similar stories first hand, so I know it's not an isolated case, and is likely to be true.

So if it is the tongue-in-cheek title you were offended by, have my apologies for offending you, but sometimes a little humour keeps me sane. If it was the content that offended you, then all I can say is that it does happen.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Offended?!!! lol. I don't think so mate, why would I be offended. I'm just commenting that this forum seems obsessed with finding reasons to attack Eircom. I know a lot of the criticism is deserved but some people seem to spend all their time attacking Eircom at any opportunity. I'm sure if you look as closly at the other telecom companies you could find as many reasons to complain about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'm sure if you look as closly at the other telecom companies you could find as many reasons to complain about them.

Since Eircom owns virtually all of the copper in the country, almost everybody still has to rely on Eircom for their telephone line. We don't have a choice. It's an Eircom phone line or no phone line at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Id say in my opinion its a bogus expirence that has been posted, firstly its been posted anonamously and secondly it was rush posted (or else this person just dosnt know how to spell! im none the better myself).

And i dont see what this has to do with getting functional internet access (which is what irelandOffline are suppose to be lobbying for correct?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Phone line means broadband for the vast majority of people. I've heard of some pretty weird excuses being offered by eircom for refusing rural provision of phone lines, so I'm not so sure it is bogus, but indeed it could very well be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That road, the N51 3 miles west of Drogheda has phone lines, overground in many parts and underground in some. At around 3 miles out of Drogheda there are poles AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

according to the infrastructure maps there is lines to all houses there so its a dud one.

Advertisement