Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Blackberry

• 21-03-2005 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I got my grubby mits on a Blackberry 7100v late last week. Having spent the last week playing with it, I can see why its been renamed crackberry, it is very very addictive. The email functionality is absolutely outstanding :)

Anyway, my question is, does anybody here have a blackberry and what extra software do you use that you would recommend to a new user? (I have looked at various blackberry websites, but they are mainly US based). Im looking for personal recommendations etc.

Also is anybody using any of the IM software available for blackberry? does it work in ireland, does using it cost money?

Cheers

Fintan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

For software try Handango:
    Blackberry 7100v Downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

dilbert2005073235211.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Yep i can imagine that being me in a few weeks!!!!

Thanks for the link Dubwireless, I have looked that website and a few others. Was more hoping for personal recomendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bluto

No man, Try the O2 option much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

So you guys are happy with your 7100's? I'm thinking about the O2 one - their choices 10 option plus blackberry tariff looks alright.

Is the screen any good. I always thought that the older ones seemed a bit flat and lifeless (I know that lcds are meant to be flat, and they're inanimate objects! but...)

Is the qw er ty keyboard easy to get used to?

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Akula

why is the o2 one better? If I could get on msn messenger on it for free it would be the killer app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I have a phone (SE W800i) but would like something that I can access the web anywhere, receive RSS feeds and get my email from work when I'm not at my PC (even though work won't pay for it). I have been thinking that maybe something like the 7290 would work, what do people think? It is totally for personel use and I was thinking about the 20 euro O2 data only package. Can anyone tell me what web browsing is like on 1 of these. I would also like soomething for calender appts etc. even though I have a ipaq 2210 as well. I have tried the whole bluetooth pda/phone thing but its a bit of a pain to be honest.

Any suggestions??

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have a 7100v through work.

Browsing isn't bad - we go through our proxy server - but its not blisteringly fast either.

Software - the Blacka itself is its own killer app to a certain extent. Other software I have downloaded and hardly ever used include tetris/pacman (found the link on the rimarkable blog) and feedburner which does rss feeds.

I think its at its best in a corporate setting where meeting invites can be made and accepted over the air and you can send/receive your work email instantly etc.

Advertisement