Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achtung! broadband users!

• 21-03-2005 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey all,

Just thought I'd post this here so everyone can find out the good news :)

It may already be in teh broadband forum but its good news for all boards ADSL users!

http://esatbt.com/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2Fbroadband

Looks like my connection is being upgraded to a 2mb line :P

Kind of useless though seeing as I only ever use 2 maybe 3 gigs of my 16 gig download cap (which costs 47 a month). I treid downgrading there to the cheaper deal (which is 8 gigs) but they told me "sorry sir that will take 3 months and cost 30 euro" to change some number on a pc that will take 2 secs!! They also demanded I send them a letter :confused:

Good news all the same - now I can browse the net, play online games and download stuff at the same time :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm afraid I'm going to move it back to broadband. It's about a week out of date at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

eircom's rate is €54.45

Not for people who got a free upgrade........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jesus H Christ. Im on iol plus...did I read that right ? Im getting upgraded from 512 to 2mb as of april 4th for freeee!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

oooh a whole new thread for this,
    the other 1 open and 47 locked ones obviously werent enogh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

DingChavez wrote:
    Not for people who got a free upgrade........

What? When? How?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

Sorry, I thought he inferred he was paying 39.99 for the 54.55 product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

j_nolan wrote:
    Sorry, I thought he inferred he was paying 39.99 for the 54.55 product.

I am, because I got Broadband before they split the service into standard and Plus. So I get Plus at E45.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

DingChavez wrote:
    I am, because I got Broadband before they split the service into standard and Plus. So I get Plus at E45.....

€45 excl.VAT
    or
    €54.70 incl.VAT

Look at your bill for a surprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moriarty says NO!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement