Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mystery Club who Van Bommel is joining

• 21-03-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Well apparantally its Utd and he'll announce it after the qualifiers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

it has to be spurs.. cos he knows Jol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm hearing Barca.

it has to be spurs.. cos he knows Jol.

And Dortmund have comfirmed Spurs enquiries for Rosicky, so it looks like Spurs are formulating a plan B.

Knowing us, plan Z will be the end of it all... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

He said earlier tis season he wud love to play for Spurs......played in a friendly for Holland against England there and loved the Stadium!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Big Nelly wrote:
    He said earlier tis season he wud love to play for Spurs......played in a friendly for Holland against England there and loved the Stadium!!
    I hate this thing about Spurs, Postiga said he loved the club and always supported them as a child when he came, will we ever get a player who can honestly admit the only reason he's playin where he is is cos their payin him 40 odd grand a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I would be surprised if UTD were not in for him. He is a quality midfielder and he is available on a free. He is also good mates with RVN and they have played well together in the past. He'll probalay have a few clubs very interested in him so we'll have to wait on his decision.

dcarroll wrote:
    I hate this thing about Spurs, Postiga said he loved the club and always supported them as a child when he came, will we ever get a player who can honestly admit the only reason he's playin where he is is cos their payin him 40 odd grand a week

Never said he loved the club....said he liked the stadium and the atmosphere and that he would play for Spurs if the move was going to happen....never mentioned loving the club!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

scored a hattrick from midfield yesterday against ajax. they lost 4-0. not a good start for blind.

van bommel is quality but quite injury prone. would love to see him at spurs at its worth taking the risk. he is 26/27 i think so at his peak!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Big Nelly wrote:
    Never said he loved the club....said he liked the stadium and the atmosphere and that he would play for Spurs if the move was going to happen....never mentioned loving the club!!
    Yeah but if he loves stadiums or the atmosphere why doesn't he join pourtsmouth or millwall, ever been to Fratton Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

German Bundesliga clubs Schalke and Borussia Dortmund, where his father-in-law and former coach Bert van Marwijk is in charge, have also expressed an interest over the past 12 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4351589.stm

Spurs have a bit of competetion...

• Advertisement

dcarroll wrote:
    Yeah but if he loves stadiums or the atmosphere why doesn't he join pourtsmouth or millwall, ever been to Fratton Park?

Seeing as he hasn't played on either ground I dont suppose he can comment on the atmosphere!!! doesnt really matter wat my opinion is on the atmosphere in every stadium in England seeing as I ain't Van Bommel...does it now???

Dont see what point you are trying to make!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've never seen him play, what sorta quality is he?
    Does he play for holland and can he preform on the big stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭case n basket

He's an outstanding player, I hope Arsenal get him to replace Edu. He's big and strong, great in the tackle, good engine, has a great range of passes and is excellent in dead-ball situations. He'll be a big loss for PSV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

I don't know if hes good enough for united, not as a replacement for keane anyway. I haven't seen him that much though. I remember there was a lot of hype surrounding him a few years ago but that seemed to die off a little. Maybe Im wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

How many midfielders do Spurs need :confused:

Would like to see him go somewhere where i could see him so PL or Spain be bice.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    How many midfielders do Spurs need :confused:

Mendes will leave in the Summer, and there's talk of either Davies to Everton or Davis back to Fulham. Brown might be jogging on as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

German Bundesliga clubs Schalke and Borussia Dortmund, where his father-in-law and former coach Bert van Marwijk is in charge, have also expressed an interest over the past 12 months

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4351589.stm

Spurs have a bit of competetion...

Dortmund are broke as a joke, he won't be going there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

apparently hes signed a pre contract with barca
    according to some dutch radio station

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

All signs here point to Barça. Van der Vaart is available for tuppence ha'penny if anyone is interested in a young, talented if somewhat arrogant Dutch midfielder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

All signs here point to Barça. Van der Vaart is available for tuppence ha'penny if anyone is interested in a young, talented if somewhat arrogant Dutch midfielder.

Heard bohs put an offer in

• Advertisement

Has come out now and said that he hasnt made up his mind yet!! Denying reports saying he was going to Barca!

Just confirmed he has signed a 3 year contract with Barca.....this was a big miss by English clubs...>Dutch players have shown they have no problems with moving to England....Utd needed a player like this!!

Advertisement