Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting hold of a registered domain name

Options
  • 21-03-2005 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'd like to use a domain name (.com) that another company has already registered but is not using and the owner looks to be gone out of business (dead phoneline, dead website etc). Is there any way of getting this for my company other than waiting for the registration to expire (2010) ?

I seem to recall some sort of appeals system but not sure it this applies to all domains and cant find any info on ICANN etc on this.

Any advice appreciated,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

growler wrote:
    Hi,

I'd like to use a domain name (.com) that another company has already registered but is not using and the owner looks to be gone out of business (dead phoneline, dead website etc). Is there any way of getting this for my company other than waiting for the registration to expire (2010) ?

I seem to recall some sort of appeals system but not sure it this applies to all domains and cant find any info on ICANN etc on this.

Any advice appreciated,

Dave

not unless they break a trademark..copyright...etc..etc.. you have...

Advertisement