Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek SL tubing size

Options
  • 21-03-2005 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭

What size is the seat tube on Trek SL aluminium frames ?
    I like to get a new front mech,there appears to be two clip sizes 28 & 31

Thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I cann't even find the bike on the trek site.... what's the specific model?

www.trekbikes.com - maybe take a look yourself for it, they have tech spec pages for each bike which ought include this kinda info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's a UK spec 1500(2004),ie Shimano Ultegra 9 speed groupset.I bought it as 'shop soiled' It has a Shimano 105 front mech and Cinelli bars
    Was just keeping an eye out for an Ultegra front mech on eBay......105 works fine though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

I do not know the exact measurement of the diameter.

But the SL Aluminium Frame on the 1500 is specified as 'Bontrager Select' It is interchangeable with 'Bontrager Sport' & 'Bontrager Race X Lite' seatposts

You have paid good money for that frame, I would buy the correct parts from either TREK website or a local dealer. E Bay may also have them.

I have the full spec on 1500 if you need details

Thanks Roadman,I think other than the handlebars and the front mech its to spec.(Bontrager wheels,saddle,seat pin,stem etc.Shimano Ultegra groupset)

I'll borrow a calipers and measure the tube,just thought someone might know off the top of their head !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

you mentioned shifters were 105 on yours, 1500 UK version is speced at Ultegra

You may have as I have 1500 US version. Everthing is the compatible, but shifters crankset, saddle, seatpost, Stem and brakeset.

• Advertisement

Shifters/brakes are Ultegra Flightdeck........just the front mech/derailier is 105

Advertisement